Complaint Review: TRIOS BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY HEALTHCARE COLLEGE

• Updated: Tue, April 05, 2011

• Reported By:Toronto Ontario
TRIOS BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY HEALTHCARE COLLEGE
425 Bloor Street Toronto, Ontario Canada

TRIOS BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY HEALTHCARE COLLEGE Trios College Takes Your Money - FAILS to deliver of its promises!! Toronto Ontario Canada

*Consumer Comment: Trios has been a good experience so far.

*Consumer Comment: I liked triOS!

*General Comment: TriOS prepares you for the real world.

*Consumer Comment: Trios is a SCAM

i wish that i had known that private career colleges are nothing but places that take money from students - to hire unqualified instructors who are paid low salaries themselves - so they don't really want to be there either.

they leave you high and dry - no job search support afterwards -- SCAM, SCAM, SCAM

it is really worth taking some extra time to go to a community college -- what you spend in time you will be rewarded for in quality teaching. i have been to both systems - and there is no comparison.

save your money - and go to a school that had a respectable name in the business world.

Sinden
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2009 10:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TRIOS-BUSINESS-TECHNOLOGY-HEALTHCARE-COLLEGE/Toronto-Ontario/TRIOS-BUSINESS-TECHNOLOGY-HEALTHCARE-COLLEGE-Trios-College-Takes-Your-Money-FAILS-to-del-415872. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TRIOS BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY HEALTHCARE COLLEGE

Trios has been a good experience so far.

AUTHOR: Smitty - ()

I am a new student to Trios. (3 weeks in) I am attending the video game design and development diploma program in London Ontario. When first applying to the college I was skeptical that they could deliver on their promises. I felt this way because I have attended another private college in the past that had failed to result in long term employment in the field.

I have been pleasantly surprised with their instruction as well as the overall professionalism I have seen so far. All schedules for courses have been accurate, and my instructor is very experienced and knowledgeable. I have zero complaints so far. I have studied some of the course curriculum on my own via internet research as a hobby over many years and have seen that the course is mirroring and expanding on what I have seen online. This shows me that regardless of the stature of the college I am in fact getting an accurate and valuable learning experience. Which is in fact what I am paying to be there for.

As for the many complaints I see online about the ability for Trios to help get graduates a job; I feel most of them are from students who have not put forth the proper effort and research required to land your first job in a new industry. Trios can't do it all for them, and even if they did, those are not the type of graduates that the employers are looking for.

The credential that a graduate earns does not suddenly mean people want you to work for them. (no matter where you study) The effort, knowledge, initiative, attitude, and strength of character is what the employer wants. The credentials received from any educational institution can only ever prove to an employer that the graduate has the knowledge required. The effort, initiative, attitude, and strength of character are up to the graduate.

Having failed to achieve long term employment from credentials I have earned in the past at a different college, I have learned that that the actions of the student, not the college determine employment.

I liked triOS!

AUTHOR: Haider Husain - (Canada)

I still believe my decision was appropriate but the only thing how to utilize such skills which you have learnt during your academic period, please see my comments below:

I believe no one can do better than your own, therefore please take full advance of each and every opportunity, like learning in triOS but count on your self and you should learn how to show case yourself!!

I'm sure it will help every one to understand himself and how to move towards your success, as some truly said, "you can take horse to the river, but you can't take river to the horse".

I'm sure it is self explanatory, winners never wait for opportunity because they know how to create the opportunity in their favour!

Thank you once again for asking my comments about my experience in triOS, Mississauga!

It was truly great!!

Hader Husain

#3 General Comment

TriOS prepares you for the real world.

AUTHOR: inv3nt0r - (United States of America)

I am nearly finished the Network Engineer diploma course at TriOS College, Windsor campus.

Here is what I can tell you about the course. There is about a 30% dropout/failout rate. This high number is due to the fact that many people believe they have the capacity to be computer technicians, while very few individuals have 'the right stuff'. If you are an intermediate computer user, save yourself the trouble as you probably don't have the capacity to complete this course.

If you are capable, you will leave this program with 13 industry certifications. The diploma may or may not be taken seriously by employers/universities, I cannot say for sure. The certifications are universal however and if you have what it takes to complete them all you will have no problem finding work.

I already have two well paying part-time jobs doing server administration in Chatham, a town of 40,000 people. I found this work by responding to job postings online. The people I emailed my resume to said I was the only candidate with current certifications and that is why they called.

I go to class every day with many of the complainers on this forum. They are the people who do not have the capacity to pass the exams and get their certifications. Their inability to find work is due to their own incompetence. There are people in my class who after 9 months do not know how to set the time zone during a Windows installation and people who don't know what their computer's hostname is.

TriOS does a very good job of weeding out the incapables. My advice is if your brother is already an advanced user he will benefeit from this course, as it will give him certifications to back up his current knowledge. If not, he should study up on careers where he can use a computer, but not configure or troubleshoot them.

Trios is a SCAM

AUTHOR: Firestarter - (Canada)

I have just finished my Paralegal program at Trios myself 9 long months ago, before getting a job in my chosen field. Thankfully, I had completed a university and college program before attending Trios , if not I believe I would have had slim chances to getting in my field of work. The admin. staff are big, lazy and rude, the teaching staff are unqualified and most are there because they can't find any other kind of work that suits thier crappy attitude and lack of skill.
I was taught by one lawyer who was disbarred because he committed major acts of fraud in the corporate world, just goes to show the shadiness of this whole organization, which was never organized at all...unbelievable how these colleges just spring up and are allowed to steal peoples money without following through on fufilling their purpose in society, which is to educate and help people who don't have time to attend school full-time move on to a fufilling career. In the current economic crisis, I believe these "colleges" should be carefully monitored and have strict guidleines as to whether or not the staff and program is suitable for society.

I am now taking this "College" to court and if anyone else would like to join my in filing a cliam to get your hard earned money back from this over priced program, please contact me within a week from the day this message is posted, we can all benefit in more ways than one for toppling these unqualified jokers who run this business.

Asia