lighting

• Updated: Thu, January 21, 2010

• Reported By: Cynthia — Clute Texas United States of America
TRIPS Incentives
160 SW 12 AVE Suite 103B Deerfield Beac, Florida United States of America

TRIPS Incentives They were supposed to handle a hotel accommodation of 3 days and 2 nights with a $50 refundable deposit. They now want $50 plus a signed authorizaion to use my credit card for the deposit. Deerfield Beac, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Inside Scoop From A Current TRIPS Employee

I received a certificate  for 3 days and 2 nights free Hotel Accommodations.  This is to be handled through Trip Incentives.  I am very upset that this is a total ripoff.  I mailed in the form along with a check for $50.00 refundable deposit which is all that is required on the paperwork I received.  I was not planning on taking my trip until the end of March.  The form and my check was sent back to me.  Trip Incentives wants me to include the check and sign a form for my credit card to be charged for the deposit.  So, in other words my free accommodations will cost me at least $100.  And who knows what else these people can charge to my card because they want me to sign a release giving them authorization to charge to my card.  I took photographs in order to receive this GOOD DEAL...(A Load of Crap).  I will let everyone know what kind of deals you offer.  I am going to post on the Internet.  My form states that on the receipt of my deposit and the original form that my reservation will be processed.  I did call and give my credit card # at the time I made my call.  I argued with the lady that could barely speak English about why they would need my credit card autorization if they were receiving a check for the deposit...she could not give me a direct answer. I WILL NOT sign a piece of paper giving them the authority to charge to my card...is the $50 check not my refundable deposit?  Trip Incentives can take their so called Great Offer and stick it where the sun don't shine.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2010 07:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TRIPS-Incentives/Deerfield-Beac-Florida-33442/TRIPS-Incentives-They-were-supposed-to-handle-a-hotel-accommodation-of-3-days-and-2-night-549756. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TRIPS Incentives

Inside Scoop From A Current TRIPS Employee

AUTHOR: Don''t F With Me - (United States of America)

I got from a very good source that currently works there, that TRIPS (which use to be Worldwide Travel Center before they went bankrupt) purposely puts those types of terms in there to discourage people from using the trips. Who would be crazy enough to write an authorization letter for their credit card like a blank check! They know that many people will react that way which is why they do that. Another is constantly sending back the requests saying something is wrong and then charging you a $3.00 resubmission fee every time! Go on www.bbb.com, click on USA Site, and type in trips incentive corp and click Florida. It is time to start sending complaints there big time. I am so lucky I got this tip from their employee before submitting anything. Please spread the word.