Complaint Review: TRS Financing For Ashley Furniture Store

• Submitted: Tue, May 26, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, May 26, 2009

• Reported By:Edinburg Texas
TRS Financing For Ashley Furniture Store
401 N. Jackson McAllen, Texas U.S.A.

TRS Financing For Ashley Furniture Store TRS Second Chance Financing in Ashley Furniture Stores = FRAUD!!! McAllen Texas

I went into a Ashley furniture store to look for a bedset and when I didn't pass the credit application I was approached about a program called TRS, which is supposed to help you rebuild your credit. I was never explained what exactly it is that they are charging for. I was never told a percentage or what fees I would be charged for. Infact, I was also told that the amount on paper was not the actual amount that would be billed. They said "we report that you paid this amount to the credit bureaus to help rebuild your credit". After I got home and read the paperwork I decided to call and find out what exactly I was getting billed for and I cold not get a straight answer. I decided to cancel, even though I had already paid a month in advance plus some fees ($360.00). I was even told that the restocking fee would be over $500.00 and when would I like to come in and pay the balance. I asked why I had to pay for a restocking fee when I doubted that they had to restock anything because it was a holiday weekend and it had only been two days, they said it didn't matter that as soon as it's typed into the computer and it's cancelled there is a restocking fee. I had been given a delivery date of 2 weeks later so I doubt they had already taken it out of their warehouse. The TRS Manager gave me the number to the actual Ashley store and told me to ask them if they could waive the restocking fee but when I called they told me they had nothing to do with TRS. I called the corporate office for TRS and am awaiting an answer.

Ecruz
Edinburg, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2009 04:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TRS-Financing-For-Ashley-Furniture-Store/McAllen-Texas/TRS-Financing-For-Ashley-Furniture-Store-TRS-Second-Chance-Financing-in-Ashley-Furniture-S-455489. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TRS Financing For Ashley Furniture Store