Complaint Review: TRX Software

• Updated: Tue, June 04, 2013

• Reported By: Lou Ann — Sacramento California
TRX Software
906 Dashiel Street Murfreesboro, Tennessee USA

TRX Software - Software was defective and did not work. Unable to prepare tax returns. Lost clients. Murfreesboro Tennessee

Have been a client of TRX software for the past four years.  Never been a great product, but adequate for my needs.  This year the product did not work.  When I prepared my first return I spent five hours on a return I could have finished in 30 minutes - almost every line item had an error.  Basic items in the return were calculating incorrectly.  The return had income of $100,000 and the state of California was calculating the millionare tax for incomes with AGI over $1,000,000.  The income tax was calculating incorrectly, state tax paid not carried over correctly, and so on.  This was a very basic return.  I sent an e-mail to TRX to the sales manger, quality control manger, president, etc. with a list of 25 items that were incorrect on the return and the only response I received was they were updating the program.   The software didn't do transmittal letters, didn't prepare client letters, didn't rollover prior year data, and so on.  I had manually prepared my transmittal letters, excel spreadsheets to check every number, etc. when I decided to bag the program.  This was in February!

After several more e-mails it became clear I was dealing with incomptent individuals who had no clue of what they were doing.  I spoke with the help desk a few times and I advised the nice girl I spoke with that she should seek out other employment with people who were not crooks.  She was nice, but had no idea of how to resolve any of my problems.  I could have gone to McDonald's and gotten more help from one of their employees.  This was an extremely frustrating experience.  After not being able to file one return with them, wasting countless hours trying to get their program to work, and losing a few clients in the process, I had to purchase a new tax program mid-tax season, then purchase a new computer since my new program required more memory, then had to purchase new scanner since my scanner, etc. didn't support Windows 8, etc.  this tax season was the worst one ever, thanks to the crooks at TRX.  thankfully I found a great program that cost $300 more than TRX had originally cost, but was a life saver for me.  I did notice that TRX didn't agressively call me to renew like they have in the past.  I'd be surprised if they had any clients left after this fiasco.  Worst experience I've ever had.  Hopefully most of TRX's clients were sophisticated to know that the software was turning out garbage.  Otherwise the IRS is going to have a field day with all the incorrect info submitted to them.  Would have liked to have gotten a refund, but the refund policy is so riduclous that there was no point in pursuing  Wish I could do something to legally hurt them.  Class action suit would be wonderful.

2013-06-0417:48:34

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2013 05:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TRX-Software/Murfreesboro-Tennessee/TRX-Software-Software-was-defective-and-did-not-work-Unable-to-prepare-tax-returns-1056430. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TRX Software