• Report: #1022042

Complaint Review: TRX Software

• Submitted: Fri, March 01, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, March 07, 2013

• Reported By: JRs Accounting & Tax Service — Lackawanna New York United States of America
TRX Software

TRX Software TRX Alliance Tax Software that doesnt deliver Internet

*UPDATE Employee: This year's issues

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: trx software

*Consumer Comment: I also have experienced the nightmare of TRX

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: TNT TAXES

I have used TRX Software for 4 years now.  But this tax season has been a nightmare since the start.  This company never fulfilled their obligation to provide me with software I could depend on.  As of February 22, 2013 I was still  not able to transmit New York State returns.  On the Federal returns I was able to complete below are some of the issues:

1.  Math errors.
2.  Credits given where they shouldn't have been.
3.  Credits disallowed where they should have been allowed.
4.  Basic income tax errors.
5.  Problems with proforma not working.
6.  Problems with client letters.

I have emailed the company regarding a refund, but I have not received a reply. I finally had to purchase new software from CCH, and  it is a joy to prepare income tax returns when I have software that is functional.

I will not be returning to TRX and I will let everyone I know in the industry know of their blatant disregard for providing a product that actually works.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2013 10:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TRX-Software/internet/TRX-Software-TRX-Alliance-Tax-Software-that-doesnt-deliver-Internet-1022042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TRX Software

This year's issues

AUTHOR: trxtech2013 - (United States of America)

I am currently a temp technology support representative within TRX.  Reports that the software is completely different from last year are correct.
State issues arise from the burden of all states complying with MEF and piggyback of all returns.  They must be approved by the Fed prior to state filing so the AGI is guaranteed and records are streamlined for the government.
We have submitted our coding of the software to the states and have yet to have them approved, but with us being a small development company we surely are not on the top of the list.
Why this was not completed prior to the year beginning, I quite frankly do not know, but do know that we are trying to resolve issues as soon as possible.
Reasons that call hold times are so long is due to customers calling in regarding the same issues that have already been reported and need to vent.  These calls can take over 30 minutes to deescalate if not more.
Please know that we are working the best we can to resolve all these issues.  In fact we have a meeting with the Nashville BBB to resolve national complaints regarding this year's software on Friday.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

trx software

AUTHOR: jimafacation - (United States of America)

here is another website that people are posting on about trx software.  everyone on this site want to file a class action lawsuit.

(((link redacted)))

thanks

I also have experienced the nightmare of TRX

AUTHOR: Annoyed - (USA)

TRX has got to be the worst tax software I have ever used. Makes me wonder if the IRS did approve it, come to think of it they must have because I did file a couple of FED returns. Anyway same situaion lots of calls (usually placed on hold for hours.) Will not give refund, and still have not loaded my state, HAWAII, or business returns. Had to buy new software. Have talked with an attorney, the only way to get anything back is a class action suit. So please everyone how do we get this started?

Will call BBB and IRS. Have called the Institute for Justice, the lawyers who have the injunction on the IRS.

They deal more with government issues, but this could be because,  the IRS passed this junk that they call software. So once again how can we get this started.

#4 REBUTTAL Individual responds

TNT TAXES

AUTHOR: jimafacation - (United States of America)

HELLO I HAVE ALSO PURCHASED TRX SOFTWARE. I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS. EVERYTIME I CALL THEY JUST LIE TO ME.  I SEE YOU HAVE SWITCHED TO CCH AND I WAS GOING TO SWITCH NOW TOO.  I SEE YOU ARE LOCATED IN LACKAWANNA NY. I AM LOCATED IN JAMESTOWN NY.  WHEN YOU GOT CCH YOU CAN EARN 100$ TO REFER A FRIEND. I ALSO HAD SOME QUESTIONS REGARDING ROLLING OVER FROM TRX. PLEASE EMAIL ME AT JIMAFACATION@GMAIL.COM