• Report: #119171

• Submitted: Sun, November 21, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, May 18, 2006

• Reported By:Rougemont North Carolina
TSN Vacations - Thrifty Travel
222 East State Street Batavia, Illinois U.S.A.

TSN Vacations - Thrifty Travel failure to give refund, never available, didn't answer phone, never received vacation, no response, mixed me up with another client, asked for more money RIPOFF Batavia Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Thrifty Travel Club Helps TSN Customers

I purchased this "resort Dream Vacation" for 8 days.7nights in Acapulco, Mexico on eBay.com. I paid $166.00 to uBid.com to win the auction. I was sent the reservation forms and requested 3 different travel dates, all of which were unavailable, and sent $50 along with my forms. The reservation agent "Jill" had told me that she would contact me the first week in March with my travel dates for May. Then, in March, Jill left me a message that those dates were no longer available, and to send new dates.

It was nearly impossible to contact anyone at the company, or receiving any information about the vacation. Since none of my travel dates were available, I no longer wished to go on the trip or to do business with the company since they seemed very unreliable. I didn't wish to go through all the hassle with new travel dates, not to know if they would be available.

Then, I contacted uBid.com to refund the bid price, since I did not receive the vacation, and they told me that Thrifty Vacations woudl have to contact them directly that I did not receive my vacation, in order for me to receive a refund. I wrote a letter to TSN Vacations, and never heard any reply. They never contacted uBid.com for me, and I never got my money back.

Also, in addition, alsong with the 8 day vacation, was included a 3 day/2night bonus vacation, reserved with $20.00. I had filled out a request for travel dates for that as well. I never received anything back after that to reserve my dates. When I called the office, they told me that my account had been cancelled because they mixed me up with another customer with my same last name of Washington state (I live in NC) who already requested a refund. Then, incredibly, they sent me another travel request form to fill out asking me to pay $50 more. Luckily, I did not send them anymore money. I still have not received the $236.00 this company stole from me. Beware of buying travel on the internet unless it is through a private individual. Travel companies are the biggest scammers out there.

Anjali
Rougemont, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2004 06:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TSN-Vacations-Thrifty-Travel/Batavia-Illinois-60510/TSN-Vacations-Thrifty-Travel-failure-to-give-refund-never-available-didnt-answer-phon-119171. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TSN Vacations - Thrifty Travel

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

Thrifty Travel Club was one of TSN's dealers, but we had no control over their business. When TSN unexpectedly went out of business, they left a mess with unfulfilled vacations and unreturned customer deposits.

Thrifty Travel offers a full merchandise travel credit to any customers suffering a loss from TSN. Please email Tim Leahy at [email protected] and Thrifty travel Club will give you plenty of complimentary vacations to fully compensate you for your loss with TSN.

We at Thrifty Travel take excellent care of our customers and will always do our best to count you among our family of happy travelers.