• Report: #1020509

• Reported By: EG — Santa Rosa California United States of America
TSP Travel 877-283-5585
unable to verify true address Internet United States of America

TSP Travel 877-283-5585 Travelscape Charged for cancelled reservation, Internet

Found unexplained charge from TSP Travel during an end of the year credit card statement audit.  Called TSP who initially denied any record of a transaction by me. When pressed by me with the fact I had a charge on my credit card with their name on it, the agent said they only had records 3 months back. I was calling nearly 8 months after the charge. They told me they would send my inquiry to their billing dept who would call me back They didn't.

I called repeatedly, each time talking to different person. They said they were a third party travel service to Expedia, they had no record of my transaction, and to call Expedia which I did. Expedia said they could not help and sent me back to TSP. Eventually, one honest agent at TSP gave me a record of the charge for a hotel I reserved then immediately cancelled the same day because I found a better deal. They had no record of my cancellation. I was able to demonstrate I never stayed at the hotel but despite that, they ultimately refused to cancel the charge.

Obviously I will watch my charges much closer. But, what is disturbing is that no less than 4 of their agents denied records of a transaction and in the face of proof that I never stayed at the hotel, they denied me a refund. My take home message: search for hotel availability using whatever travel service you want BUT ONLY book directly with the hotel, not a online travel service like Expedia. The hotel only charges you if you stay there or if you fail to cancel according to their policy.

TSP is a complete scam, poor customer service (except the one honest agent), and nothing but trouble. be forewarned!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2013 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TSP-Travel-877-283-5585/internet/TSP-Travel-877-283-5585-Travelscape-Charged-for-cancelled-reservation-Internet-1020509. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TSP Travel 877-283-5585