Complaint Review: TSP Travel

• Submitted: Wed, July 18, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, August 18, 2012

• Reported By: onepainter12 — Bryan Texas United States of America
TSP Travel

TSP Travel TSP-Travel, Fraud, Scam, over-charged for hotel, do not book through them. Represented themselves as Doubletree Hotel and Expedia. Internet

*General Comment: TSP is a Scam

This is a fraudulent company. Do not use their website or this number 800-394-1454 to make any kind of reservation. They pose as other travel companies like Expedia, Hotels.com, etc. and rip you off. They take your credit card info and SCAM YOU. They tell you you are paying one amount and when you get your bank statement it is double or more the amount.

I called the number on the Doubletree Hotel website (800-394-1454) to book a room at the State rate. I gave the girl (who barely spoke English) my email, she repeated it back to me correctly, and said she would send me a confirmation email with the charges. I never got the email. When I checked out of the hotel, the hotel would not give me a receipt; said I booked the room through a 3rd party, Expedia. Which I did not. The hotel said I had to get the receipt from Expedia. So I called the 800-394-1454 again, and FINALLY got a person, (who barely spoke English) and I asked for a receipt. This must be Expedia, right?? She
looked up my reservation and couldnt find it. So I gave her the confirmation # I got from the Hotel. She found my reservation after about 10 minutes of asking me: what your name was again? What your phone number was again? I asked her to send me a receipt and after repeating my email to her 3 times, she actually did email me a receipt and to my surprise it was for nearly double what the State Rate should have been and her company was called TSP-Travel. NOT Expedia or Doubletree Hotel.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2012 05:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TSP-Travel/internet/TSP-Travel-TSP-Travel-Fraud-Scam-over-charged-for-hotel-do-not-book-through-them-Rep-914087. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TSP Travel

#1 General Comment

TSP is a Scam

AUTHOR: Jeff - (United States of America)

I couldn't agree more. We had a similar experience when we made a reservation. I was charged over $500.00 for a hotel stay only to find out 4 days before our trip that there were no reservations made. When I called the company, I spoke with a man named Jose who could barely speak English, he refused to refund the money and actually had the balls to ask me to send a copy of my credit card statement, yet he couldn't help me. I asked him where he was located he told me he was in Central America. NEVER do business with this company. I know we booked this through Expedia. Here's the best part, when I called Expedia not only did they not have a record of our transaction, they denied even doing business with TSP Travel.