Complaint Review: TSP Travel

• Updated: Sun, April 17, 2011

• Reported By: Old fool — somewhere Internet United States of America
TSP Travel

TSP Travel travelscape,llc NO CHANGE OR CANCEL FEE Internet

I needed to make a last minute reservation for one night only near the Atlanta airport. The need was caused by late flights out of the Philippines. It was almost midnight 03-28-2011. I went online to look for hotels in that area and found a site and searched for hotels.

I made a reservation at this site because it said by selecting a certain category the  reservation could be changed with no charge or cancel fee. Since this reservation was only going to be needed if the connecting flight was made in Seoul, I felt this would be  the perfect option.

I got my confirming email at 12:05 03-29-11. I then found that I didn't need the reservation so I cancelled it and 03-29-11 12:55:17 am I received an email about my cancellation.

Hotels 2 Stay has received your cancellation request and forwarded it to the property
A cancellation number was not available from the property at this time.  A reservation agent will send you your cancellation number as soon as the property provides it.

We understand that sometimes plans fall through. We do not charge a change or cancel fee. However, this property (Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport-South) imposes the following penalty to its customers that we are required to pass on: Cancellations or changes made after 4:00 PM ((GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)) on Mar 28, 2011 are subject to a 1 Night Room & Tax penalty. The property makes no refunds for no shows or early checkouts.If you have any questions please feel free to contact us:
TravelNow.com
4124 S. McCann Court
Springfield, MO 65804 USA
Or you may reach us by replying directly to this confirmation e-mail.

Now pray tell how could I cancel or change a reservation before it was made? my credit card was charged for the full amount by TSP Travel

DO NOT USE THESE COMPANIES INVOLVED WHAT EVER THEIR NAME MAY BE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2011 11:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TSP-Travel/internet/TSP-Travel-travelscapellc-NO-CHANGE-OR-CANCEL-FEE-Internet-718681. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TSP Travel