Complaint Review: TSYS Merchant Solutions

• Updated: Mon, December 03, 2012

• Reported By: Card Processing — Conroe Texas United States of America
TSYS Merchant Solutions

TSYS Merchant Solutions $250 cancellation fee after 7 years Internet

We cancelled our service with TSYS Merchant Solutions on 10/04/12.  They told me they were going to charge me $250 for cancelling my contract.  I originally signed a contract with First National Bank of Omaha on 7/18/05 over 7 years ago.  FNBO sold their credit card processing to TSYS Merchant Solutions but I never signed a contract with them.  Originally, my contract was for 3 years and supposedly you have one month a year to cancel without penalty.  Of course they do not notify you of your impending renewal.  Anyway, I sent them a letter on 10/4/12 stating that I never had a contract with TSYS and that I was under no obligation to pay them $250 and that I did not authorize them to draft my account for those funds.  Unfortunately, my bank said they could not block an ACH transaction but that I could dispute it when it was charged.   The cancellation fee was debited from my account on November 2, 2012.  I have disputed the charge and it is under review.  I do not believe the contract has a cancellation fee but if it does, it should have ended with the initial 3 year period or the sale of the company.  Either way, this company tries to ripoff loyal customers that they have made a fortune off of.   Beware of this company and don't ever sign a contract for credit card processing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2012 02:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TSYS-Merchant-Solutions/internet/TSYS-Merchant-Solutions-250-cancellation-fee-after-7-years-Internet-977442. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TSYS Merchant Solutions