Complaint Review: TTI National, Inc

• Updated: Thu, August 02, 2012

• Reported By: SP — gig harbor Washington United States of America
TTI National, Inc
PO Box 31301 Salt Lake City, Utah United States of America

TTI National, Inc MCI subsidiary Exhorbitant Rates and Poor Customer Service! Salt Lake City, Utah

We started using TTI many years ago for long distance.  Originally we were paying a couple of cents per minute. A couple of years ago, MCI bought them out and it has been down hill since then.

Two months ago, we received notice that they were going to start charging a minimum monthly charge of $6.99. My understanding was that for $6.99 we would get 200 minutes and have to pay for any minutes over that. To my amazement when my last bill arrived, they were charging $46.35 for 214 minutes! That's .20 per minute plus tax!

When I spoke with a supervisor in customer service, she agreed that the charges were ludicrous but said she could do nothing about them. She said that in order to receive the 200 minutes for $6.99, I had to have an 800 number! No where in the correspondence that they sent me does it mention signing up for an 800 number. This account is for a residence. What would I want with an 800 number? She couldn't tell me.

If this was something I was supposed to dial on top of my regular number why wouldn't I just use a phone card?!

Needless to say I closed the account immediately and will never do business with TTI or MCI again - ever!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2012 05:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TTI-National-Inc/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84130/TTI-National-Inc-MCI-subsidiary-Exhorbitant-Rates-and-Poor-Customer-Service-Salt-Lake-Ci-921700. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TTI National, Inc