Complaint Review: TV DVD MEDIA

• Submitted: Thu, August 12, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, August 12, 2010

• Reported By: TheDominator — Toronto Ontario Canada
TV DVD MEDIA

TV DVD MEDIA TV DVD Clearout dvd ripoff, false marketing of tv series dvds, dvd-r copies of vhs tv series Internet

Purchased the The Muppet Show (complete tv series on DVDs). Ended up being dvd-r copies of vhs The Disney Channel series of The Muppet Show. Complete ripoff!! Not a 'limited edition box set' as they mentioned. Should have know better (too cheap, too good to be true) and realized I had been taken as soon as I opened the package and confirmed that they were garbage when I watched the first dvd. Didn't chase them down because I knew I wasn't going to ever get my money back.

AND NOW they have the gall to try to get me to buy more by sending me a follow up marketing email with a new company and website name!!! I hope that some can stop and shut these people down. Disney should being going after them for sure!

Here's the email I just got:

Thu, August 12, 2010 3:48:28 AM
Timeless TV series on DVDs - New Additions on our website! LA Law, Carol Burnett...
From: m e <masonevelyn1234@operamail.com>Add to Contacts

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for purchasing from us at TV DVD Media in the past.

Your continued patronage is important to us!

We have recently revamped our selection of CLASSIC TV Series on our website, and are glad to announce that we have added almost 300 (Yes, Three Hundred) new classic TV series to our selection!

Enjoy timeless classics such as LA Law, In The Heat of the Night, and the 3rd Rock from the Sun. Alongside COMPLETE (All Seasons) series of reality TV gems such as So, You Think You can Dance, Survivor, and The Amazing Race.

Of course, we still always offer our perennial favorites such as the Carol Burnett Show, Dean Martin's Celebrity Roasts, and Boy Meets World for sale on our website.

For our valued repeat customers only - for a LIMITED TIME ONLY, enjoy 15% off your 2nd (and subsequent) DVD Sets in the same order!

With our already-low prices for the items on sale, these DVDs are GREAT bargains for endless family fun.

Enjoy countless hours of family fun and relive the memories of your childhood with our treasure troves of TV series Classics!

Visit our website and enjoy your special discount at:

www.TVDVDClearout.com

Yours sincerely,

Corporate Correspondence
TVDVD Media"
_______________________________________________
Surf the Web in a faster, safer and easier way:
Download Opera 9 at http://www.opera.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2010 07:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TV-DVD-MEDIA/internet/TV-DVD-MEDIA-TV-DVD-Clearout-dvd-ripoff-false-marketing-of-tv-series-dvds-dvd-r-copies-o-631179. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TV DVD MEDIA