Complaint Review: TV Ruby

• Submitted: Mon, June 25, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, June 25, 2012

• Reported By: cateyes64 — West Columbia South Carolina United States of America
TV Ruby

TV Ruby You get what you pay for! Internet

In early May, I ordered a DVD collection from TV Ruby. The collection was roughly 1/3 the price of other collections online. It sounded like a great deal, but I guess you get what you pay for.

The box contained the DVD collection, but did not include an invoice. The box only had the DVDs and some packing peanuts. The night the DVDs arrived I tried to view "Disc 1". But it was empty, no media; the disc just spun. I tried to contact
TV Ruby, but I couldn't. The only contact format is via e-mail.

Even though TV Ruby's own  FAQ on "How can I contact you states, "We have customer service staff available around the clock via Email. You are also welcome to call our friendly Telephone Agents during regular business hours," no phone # is provided.

When I contacted the company regarding disc 1 I received a message that customer service could replace the disc. After going through DVD collection 1, I found roughly 9 discs that were also empty. I once again contacted TV Ruby, and I was
told they could replace any disc at any time. Instead of seeing if all 5 disc collections actually opened, and the episodes played, I found a total of 29 empty discs. As for "digitally remastered for stunning clarity & sound" what a joke. The episodes were very dark and blurry and difficult to hear. Some discs could be heard but not seen and others could be seen but
not heard. Many discs were scratched on the front and back, and there were also episodes which froze during the middle, not a fluke. This collection looks more like that from a library. ???

I went to the post office today and sent TV Ruby a letter return receipt. For the person who said there is no physical address, it's under Privacy Policy.

As for the letter, it might just be in vain. I bought the collection through TV Ruby, but the box has a Canada postmark mailed by Media Monster. I have asked TV Ruby for a refund numerous times, but that request always goes unanswered. When I receive my full refund; I have no problem returning the collecting but it's not going to be at my expense.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2012 09:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TV-Ruby/internet/TV-Ruby-You-get-what-you-pay-for-Internet-902822. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TV Ruby