Complaint Review: TV2ME

• Submitted: Tue, March 20, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, September 11, 2013

• Reported By:New York New York
21 West 58th Street New York, New York U.S.A.

TV2ME - Ken Schaffer ripoff Company owner is a deadbeat & liar New York New York

*General Comment: I was inappropriately mentioned in the complaint

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Dear "John"

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: A deal with an 11 year old?

The owner of TV2ME is Ken Schaffer. I knew Kenny 30 years ago, when I worked for Eventide. Kenny was hired to help market Eventide products, and then the association was terminated pretty quickly.

I'm not sure of the exact details, but there was a voiced feeling of dissatisfaction with him, by the owner of Eventide, Richard Factor - you could ask him for details.

I answered an ad by Kenny for computer support on Craig's List, and because I knew him previously, I did him the courtesy of giving phone support without collecting any money up front.

I saved him from having his company's data wiped out, by his young kid tinkering with Kenny's business laptop. Then I gave him instructions on how to get his laptop functioning again, which he followed successfully.

For all of this I charged him $30.00, which he promised to pay immediately. He lied, and has lied repeatedly about sending me payment. Now, he will not return calls, nor will he acknowledge his debt.

It's not the $30 - that's chump change. It's the lies and arrogance that tick me off. I did the guy a favor, and he screws me, because he thinks he can get away with it.

Before you invest $4,200 in on of Kenny's new boxes, please consider my business experience with him...

New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2007 12:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TV2ME/New-York-New-York-10019/TV2ME-Ken-Schaffer-ripoff-Company-owner-is-a-deadbeat-liar-New-York-New-York-239872. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TV2ME

#1 General Comment

I was inappropriately mentioned in the complaint

AUTHOR: Friend of Ken Schaffer - ()

Isn't the internet fun? I'm writing this in September of 2013. If Kenny Schaffer had been accused of a serious felony - bank robbery, serial redecorating, neutrino blockage - the statute of limitations would have run out by now. But the internet never forgets. This reads to me like a "he said-she said" misunderstanding of ancient vintage, and one which gratuitously dredges up a hypothetical controversy from 30 years earlier than even that. It will apparently remain extent while awaiting the tolling of the 10,000 year clock. Meanwhile, whoever owns this site offers a "reputation repair" link, perhaps a lucrative one, whose necessity he could obviate by simply deleting report #239872 and, presumably, the 239871 reports preceding it.

I'm the guy mentioned in the second paragraph whom you could ask "for details". To save you the trouble, here they are:

1: I've known Ken Schaffer for (at least of this writing) 55 years.

2: That makes us both pretty old; details from almost 40 of those 55 years ago might be pretty elusive.

3: If there are any such details, and I don't think there are, I've gotten over them. Kenny remains one of my oldest friends.

4: Notwithstanding the tenor of the "John" complaint, if he is who I think I remember him to be from 30 or so years ago, I suspect he's gotten over this, too. (Feel free to have that sentence taken out and shot.)

5: On a personal note, reading the "report" and "rebuttal," it is perfectly obvious that I don't and can't possibly have any objective knowledge of the "facts" of this dispute. My name appears without justification, and I resent being involved in something so trivial, ancient, and petty. I've saved my integrity all these years so I can get away with something big. This ain't it. I'm responding here because Kenny asked me to, not because I think it's worth the phosphors it's glowing with.

The real "Ripoff" is being perpetrated by the owner of this site. I'm embarrassed to discover that it's apparently based in Arizona, an otherwise sunny and largely salubrious environ. Maybe he just needs to get out more.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Dear "John"

AUTHOR: Jérôme Aoustin - (United States of America)

I had the pleasure to work for and with Ken for 6 years before moving overseas. More than just a manager or an esteemed colleague, he's a great mentor and a friend. Ken knows so many interesting and diverse people many of them famous but I think the notion of not 6 but 3 of separation is more adequate for him.

Ken is one of those rare persons with whom you can talk in depth about virtually anything.

It is no wonder that his grasp on humanity and its needs, acquired over a decade spent throughout the globe, let him to be recognized as the trustworthy achiever he is today. I feel fortunate to have shared his journey, contributing to some compelling endeavors all the while keeping on learning about technology, marketing, business honesty... life.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

A deal with an 11 year old?

AUTHOR: KS - (United States of America)

Contrary to his self-important claim, I have never met, nor have I had any dealings with this anonymous John.  I would demand that the anonymous author provide any proof of this accusation -- which is contrary to scores of unconditionally positive references that are returned from a search on my name.

Before attending to the "complaint, I would divert for a moment to the posters account of my relationship with Eventide Clockworks  while Richard Factor, founder and CEO of Eventide,  was  30 years ago, and remains today, one of my best friends,  I was at no time hired by Eventide, no association was terminated quickly, as "John" recounts. There has been no interruption in my 40 year relationship with Richard or with Eventide, and my only "relationship" with the company was that of friend/advisor to Richard, personally.

While I've never dealt with this "John" character, my 11-year-old son, unfortunately, did.  The Craigslist posting anonymous John refers to was my 11 year old sons  headlined  specifically for assistance on an obscure problem he had with his Ubuntu Linux computer.

John, apparently trolling for money, caught the Craigslist post and replied to my son by telephone. He confess immediately that he didn't know anything about Linux whatsoever. Nevertheless, John proceeded to patronize him with a boring lecture on the importance of antivirus software.  My son, then age 11 was less than patient suffering through this Johns blabber, Following that call he did, thankfully, get several positive responses his Linux question from qualified responders.

Some days after this, John, having learned from my son who his father was, commenced calling our home number incessantly --  5 times, 10 times -- demanding payment for "his services."  As he noted, chump change, fittingly....  for his useless, egocentric conversation with an 11-year-old  in which he even failed to perform,

His ripoff report has been posted for several years.

I have not until now bothered rebutting his drivel on this "ripoffreport,  but a fair number of people query my name in search and -- when they see "ripoffreport" ranked  high in the results -- are intrigued, enticed - drawn like moths to a flame -  to click. And of course each curious click results in this anonymous "John's" complaint getting an even high placement -- sometimes outranking the New York Times, People Magazine, the New Yorker, PBS and a score of other highly regarded (fact-checked) publications that offer extensive and well researched articles about me that are uniformly contrary to "Johns" assertion in this silly story.

Before taking this Johns singular whining seriously, consider that any anonymous stalker can attempt to denigrate your reputation, exactly this same way, too!