Complaint Review: TVADDICTS

• Updated: Sat, January 15, 2011

• Reported By: Angela — San Bernardino California United States of America
Internet, Florida United States of America

TVADDICTS False Representation Internet, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: how to research a website owner

*Author of original report: TV Addicts are at it.

I am preplexed and saddened by the lastest take-in on internet purchases--TV Show DVD/hard to find show sets. Imagine my surprise when I entered the Website address for contacting the company for which I had ordered a set of "The Nanny" 6 season shows, and was promptly rerouted to Ripoff Report.

I ordered these sets shortly before Christmas 2010, as I have been unable to find them in the stores locally.I have been waiting patiently for the sets to arrive, for which it has been over 3 weeks. I decided that it was time to contact the company.

Upon entering the website address for consumer concerns, it was brought to my attention that there have been ripoff reports of this company since 2006, and yet they are still allowed to entice and disrupt the lives of consumers online.

I still have not received any sets, I have no logical way of contacting the company, and funds have already been extracted from my paypal account. However, I am willing to take what ever legal steps are necessary to insure that this company does not continue to take-in unsuspecting citizens.

As I am just faced with this abhorent procedure, I would like toknow the best course of action to getting my money returned and avoiding further access to my account. What steps are taken to block companies such as the one mentioned (TVADDICTS), and restoring any damage that may have been done to email addresses or financial accounts?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2011 02:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TVADDICTS/Internet-Florida-/TVADDICTS-False-Representation-Internet-Florida-680266. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TVADDICTS

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

how to research a website owner

AUTHOR: cissy49 - (USA)

I have had to file a complaint witha state attorney general in regard to a website that had no contact info and my order never came.Due to this complaintI eventually did get mymoney back. It is the principle of the matter.

First, personally alert your bank/credit card company and file a dispute. Ask them for help to safeguard, they are more than happy to help. If necessary close the accounts and open new ones.

Create a free email address to be used for online purchases, and never give out your private email address to anyone except trustworthy persons. If necessary change your current private email address. A pain I know, but at times it is necessary.

Use a whois search website such as http://www.domaintools.com/

In this case, a search for Domainnametvaddicts.tv indicates thatthe RegistrationHost/server is:

Filea fraud complaint with the Domain host/server. If they have no link for it, then file a complaint against the host/server, too, using the info below.

To file a complaint:

Findthe county namefor Westchester CA and look up the official Westchester county webiste, and then file a criminal complaint with the county District Attorney.

Also file with the California state Attorney General.

Give as much detail as possible.

Best wishes!

TV Addicts are at it.

AUTHOR: Angela - (United States of America)

Since, submitting this report, I received the order that I had requested from this company, however, just as stated in previous reports, the DVD's were flawed. Only half of them played in my DVD player and those that play have been recorded from lifetime TV station and they are blured. There was no return address on the package and to top it off, my personal information and credit card has been falsely used bysomeone to make transactions with several merchant.