Complaint Review: TVboxset

• Updated: Fri, March 21, 2008

• Reported By:West Jefferson Ohio
TVboxset
TVboxset.com Internet U.S.A.

TVboxset Smurf DVD box set should have arrived on 8/6, but has not Ripoff Internet

*Author of original report: TVboxset.com's fraudulent status confirmed

*Author of original report: TVBOXSET.com strikes again

*Author of original report: Received DVDS, unacceptable condition

*UPDATE Employee: Please read and email back for resolution

*Author of original report: Received excuse from tvboxset.com for delayed delivery.

I ordered a Smurf box set from tvboxset.com. It was a week before it even shipped. The estimated arrival date was 8/6. It is now 8/11 and I still don't have it. I sent them an email on 8/8 and have not received a response. I emailed them again today.

Jen
West Jefferson, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2007 10:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TVboxset/internet/TVboxset-Smurf-DVD-box-set-should-have-arrived-on-86-but-has-not-Ripoff-Internet-266792. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TVboxset

TVboxset.com's fraudulent status confirmed

AUTHOR: Jen - (U.S.A.)

Guess what was just released to DVD? Smurfs season 1 and let me tell you, it looks nothing like the uncopyrighted crap packaged by TVboxset. The case and quality are everything I expect from a copyrighted DVD. TVboxset had all the episodes recorded and burned to a DVD from Cartoon network. Hanna Barbara is releasing Smurfs by the season, which is what I would expect when buying a tv series. And guess what? The "Cartoon network" logo is not in the lower right hand corner. TVBOXSET.COM IS NO DOUBT A FRAUDULENT COMPANY.

TVBOXSET.com strikes again

AUTHOR: Jen - (U.S.A.)

I had contacted my credit card company prior to the DVDs arriving and they issued a temporary credit, pending approval from TVBOXSET.com's bank. When the DVDs arrived, I returned them and it cost $21.50. Since it was an international return, the best I could do was have insurance and require a signature for delivery. A delivery notice would then be sent back to me. I called my credit card company and they said the credit would still stand as long as they were returned.

I received a letter from my credit card company reporting that TVBOXSET.com's bank had declined the credit. With the letter was included paperwork from the bank confirming delivery. The delivery information was for the original promised delivery date, not the actual delivery date. I reponded back to my credit card company giving an update and sending a copy of my Post Office Receipt and delivery slip. It had been over 3 weeks and I still hadn't received an update from the Post Office, so I called and they put in an inquiry to the Canadian Postal service. I was told it could take 60 days to research and another 30 days to process insurance if the package was lost.

The credit card company had to recharge my credit card since the item was delivered. I received an attempted delivery notice from Canada. The DVDs were returned to me. I checked the post office website. A delivery for the return had been attempted on 9/4 and a delivery notification card was left with pick-up details. On 9/25 the item was still unclaimed and was returned to me. I picked it up today.

I have now filed a report with the Ohio Attorney General.

Word to the wise, do not order anything from TVBOXSET.com. You will regret it. Just google them and see for yourself.

Received DVDS, unacceptable condition

AUTHOR: Jen - (U.S.A.)

I contacted Jeff and asked for a refund. I haven't received an email back, but the DVDs arrived yesterday. There was a delivery slip in our mail box, so I had to go pick them up today. When I first received the box, I noticed that there was an invoice sticker that called these DVDS "Educational DVD Sample" with an invoice total of $10.

When I opened the box, I noticed that the DVDs were not factory sealed and had no wrap of any kind. In fact, DVDs were falling out of the first collection because they were not even fastened to the case. The case itself is generic (has extra slots for DVDs that aren't needed). The DVDs, nor the case, nor the opening sequence have a copyright date. The DVD artwork is very generic.

Here's the craziest thing though...on the lower right of the screen it says "Cartoon Network". I'm guessing that these were taped directly from Cartoon Network? The quality of the recording is absolutely terrible. I will be returning these DVDS. They are crap.

Please read and email back for resolution

AUTHOR: Jeff From Tvboxset.com - (Canada)

Hello, we are not fraudulent as claimed in this postings , please email me directly to resolve the problem regarding this order.

i will need your name and order number

Jeff Tabares

resolutions@tvboxset.com

Received excuse from tvboxset.com for delayed delivery.

AUTHOR: Jen - (U.S.A.)

Received this response to the inquiry I sent about the missing DVDS I ordered. "Order numbers 14811-17034 were all returned to us and had to be reshipped. This was done last week and an email was sent out to all of you then (it was? I didn't receive it.)...Orders 17035-23021 have been delayed due to this problem explained above...We will be sending a coupon code out to all customers in the next few weeks to show how much we appreciate your patience. This code will be valid for the rest of 2007 and will give you 40% off your next order..."

I have sent a response asking how so many orders could be delayed when there are so many orders not being shipped. I'm really excited about that 40% off coupon. I'm dreaming about what I will order next. Yea right!