Complaint Review: TWIMBOE

• Submitted: Mon, January 20, 2014
  • Updated: Mon, January 20, 2014

• Reported By: VICTIM OF TWIMBOE —
Internet, Select State/Province Thailand

This is a site which feigns to be dealing with rental property.  It is called TWIMBOE. It has a script and "newletters" that are prewritten and will catch your attention. It is a pity I did not do enough diligence before investing and fell for this complete rip-off . Before my money left my hands , I was flooded by polite queries, from names that kept changing. There is a Dirk, a Michael , a John........and iin hindsight , one can see it's the same broken English suggesting that the correspondent has no English background  and is probably the same person, all to give the impression of your dealing with different 'departments in a company'.

The feature that deceived me most is the existence of an escrow account that the sham "company" is said to be holding at a Bank in Thailand.  I thought this was a stamp of authencity. That is another big mistake that me and many others have made and have been fooled.    The details are :

Pattaya Klang Branch
Bank Address: 336/14-16 Moo 9 Pattaya Klang Rd. Rd. Nong Pru Bang Lamung Chon Buri 20260
Name of person holding escrow account : Frank Opmeer
Account number = 291-2-14276-5
Country = Thailand

Just the time when the withdrwal became due , I found I was unable to access the site any longer. It brrought up a strange frontpage , as if the site has been hacked.  Nothing like that, as local techs examine and tell me it is only a way the site can block particular IPs from accessing it.  I kept writing to the fellow/s and started getting strange explanations. . Their tone and approach had by then changed . After several exchanges , it became clear to me that they have cheated me inside out. My account is suspended, he sends me foolish spam emails in an attempt to swerve me from exposing the scam in forums.

i WISH TO WARN ANY PERSON HAVING THE FAINTEST ACQUAINTANCE WITH THIS ONLINE CHEAT TO SHUN IN LIKE .......YOU KNOW WHAT !   It is not enough to call it a scam. It is a CRIME that this person is perpetrating and there are enough reports on the internet against it already.

From preliminary enquiry at Thailand and online tracking, it has been located to be functioning from a place near Bangkok.  I am sure this warning through ripoffreport.com will be  helpful in identifying and isolating the criminal behind TWIMBOE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2014 02:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TWIMBOE/Internet-Select-StateProvince/TWIMBOE-CHEAT-AND-RIPOFF-IN-THE-NAME-OF-REAL-ESTATE-Internetnbsp-1116899. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TWIMBOE