Complaint Review: TWX MAGAZINE

• Submitted: Tue, April 10, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, April 10, 2007

• Reported By:Franklin Tennessee
TWX MAGAZINE
225 High Ridge Road - East Building Stamford, Connecticut U.S.A.

TWX MAGAZINE dishonest billing ripoff fraudulent Stamford Connecticut

I bought a CD from a place that was giving the infamous "Free Magazine Trial" and was told I could opt out in three months. I kindly declined but I started recieving magazines anyway. I called up to cancel the subscription (with much unneeded effort, I may add), recieved my cancellation confirmation number and slept soundly only to see a few days later that they had charged me the subscription amount anyway AND it had overdrawn my account.

I contacted my bank and opted to file a fraudulant claim but because I willingly bought a CD from the place that subscribed me, it could not be filed as fraudulent. Sad if you ask me. They can take my credit card information without MY permission and it's not fraud! My bank very kindly told me they'd compensate everything that was taken and the overdraft charges, thank god.

They have a horrible phone system without giving a clear option to speak to a representitive and ontop of that, it isnt a 24 hour helpline. They direct you to their site to put in a claim and then it tells you the urls are wrong. It's like they're pulling strings to make your already late night even more exhausting.

Bottom line, DONT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE! And if someone offers make it VERY clear you dont want it.

Erica
Franklin, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2007 11:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TWX-MAGAZINE/Stamford-Connecticut-06905/TWX-MAGAZINE-dishonest-billing-ripoff-fraudulent-Stamford-Connecticut-243399. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TWX MAGAZINE