Complaint Review: TWX Magazine / FastCompany Magazine And PC World

• Submitted: Fri, December 14, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, December 14, 2007

• Reported By:Portland Oregon
TWX Magazine / FastCompany Magazine And PC World
7 World Trade Center New York, New York U.S.A.

TWX Magazine / FastCompany Magazine And PC World Cancelled Subscription Still Charged to My Debit Card New York New York

Discovered a pending charge to my debit card today for $23.95 from TWX Magazine. I had no idea what this was as I did not order any magazines. I had subscribed to Fast Company and PC World through an internet promotion about a year ago and my husband had ALREADY gone through their automated process in order to cancel the magazines which were up for automatic renewal and charge to us so I thought maybe this had something to do with it. I did an internet search and found all the ripoff reports here.

I called my bank immediately and they could not file a dispute on the charge because it was still pending but advised that I could contact the source now. The number the bank had was 800-773-3142. I called this number and it is an automated agent only system.

After jumping through many automated hoops, I canceled the charge - which was for Fast Company - and received a confirmation number of the charge refund. I then went through some more hoops to find that PC World was still showing active. I canceled it as well but I guess because there is no charge involved I did not get any confirmation of its cancellation.

Aside from the frustration of cancelling twice and not having a live agent available, I found it the prompted options that the automated assistant very concerning. The wording seemed designed to confuse the hearer and trick you into renewing your subscription. Such as "Do you want me to cancel your subscription immediately and then continue to receive issues..." with a disclosure at the very end that you would be charged again or in 3 months etc.

Stephanie
Portland, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2007 10:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TWX-Magazine-FastCompany-Magazine-And-PC-World/New-York-New-York-10007-2195/TWX-Magazine-FastCompany-Magazine-And-PC-World-Cancelled-Subscription-Still-Charged-to-M-291558. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TWX Magazine / FastCompany Magazine And PC World

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC