Complaint Review: TWX Magazine Ord (Synapse Grp, Inc)

• Submitted: Wed, May 14, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, May 14, 2008

• Reported By:Killeen Texas
TWX Magazine Ord (Synapse Grp, Inc)
225 Highridge Road, East Bldg, Stamford,, Connecticut U.S.A.

TWX Magazine Ord; (Synapse Grp, Inc) Based on a phone number - TWX Magazine Ord; (Synapse Grp, Inc) answered Stamford, Connecticut

I first noticed a charge for $1.00 three times on my account statement. There was no description of what the charge was for except 'TWX*MAGAZINE ORD 800-487-3567 NYUS and a 6 digit number' at the end. I called the number and went through the automated system that recognized nothing I entered - by keying it in, or saying it.

Finally, I spoke to a representative who I informed I have no current magazines with them, (that is because I cancelled the magazines: Time, Consumer Report, and Easy Home Cooking long before the end of the 3 month trial, I even have the statements from the companies, showing cancellation).

The representative informed me that I would receive a phone call from Customer Service regarding the unauthorized withdraws from my account, in 5-10 business days, and refused to give me an address so that I can forward this letter of complaint.

After several calls, and going through several representatives, I finally spoke to a supervisor who gave me an address based on the number taken from my statement: Synapse Group, Inc. 225 Highridge Road, East Bldg, Stamford, CT 06905, Phone: 203-595-8255.

(Most Corporations have multiple units located throughout the US, you cannot tell me that somebody in the higher hierarchy is not aware of these occurrences, just look at the ratio of complaints.)

I bought a book, and was asked if I would like to try 3 magazines for a "trial" period of which I cancelled. Now, through this affiliation I believe my information was given away, against my will/authorization, is this not against the law, an invasion of my privacy, my account!!!

I wished to have my name removed from your company database, and any company you are affiliated with, and if this continues I will file a claim for fraud. Oh, by the way, I expect a full refund, and no more withdrawing from my account.

Liz
Killeen, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2008 02:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TWX-Magazine-Ord-Synapse-Grp-Inc/Stamford-Connecticut-06905/TWX-Magazine-Ord-Synapse-Grp-Inc-Based-on-a-phone-number-TWX-Magazine-Ord-Synapse-332486. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TWX Magazine Ord (Synapse Grp, Inc)

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC