Complaint Review: TWX Magazine Order

• Submitted: Sat, June 20, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, June 20, 2009

• Reported By:Nashville Tennessee
TWX Magazine Order
One Time Warner Center New York, New York U.S.A.

TWX Magazine Order Fraud - Legal Robbery New York New York

TWX "assumed" I would want to renew my subscription to People magazine and charged my account for $119.95 without prior approval or authorization. I was told that, since they had my card information on file from a previous subscription, they can do this. My bank told me the restrictions on "big business" are very lax. In my opinion, this is theft and the company should be prosecuted for it. If I used someone's card and charged something for my personal monetary gain, I would definitely be arrested, fined and most likely sent to jail. Why is CEO Jeffrey Bewkes any better than me? Because of this unauthorized (and unexpected) charge, I wasn't able to pay two bills and incurred overdraft charges on my account. My bank is trying to get the charge reversed, but it could take up to ten days to get my money back. I won't get the overdraft charges refunded. This is wrong! I will never by another magazine published by Time Warner. I know I'm just one person, but I will be extremely vocal about this fraud! I will tell everyone I come into contact with and ask that they spread the word. Considering the general population's feelings toward big business right now (bail outs, loans), I'm hoping to put at least a small dent in their bottom line.

Paulette
Nashville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2009 06:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TWX-Magazine-Order/New-York-New-York-10019/TWX-Magazine-Order-Fraud-Legal-Robbery-New-York-New-York-463182. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TWX Magazine Order