Complaint Review: TWX Magazine Service

• Updated: Wed, December 27, 2006

• Reported By:Provo Utah
TWX Magazine Service
Internet Internet U.S.A.

TWX Magazine Service fraudulent credit card charges for unwanted magazine subscription Ripoff Internet

Last year my sister-in-law ordered a magazine subscription, which offered her a few free subscriptions to give to friends. She had one of the magazines sent to me. I NEVER GAVE HER ANY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION, just my address. A few days ago there was a charge for 23.90 against my checking account for a renewal of this magazine. I don't know how they got my credit card information, and I certainly never authorized this charge. I was able to call and cancel the subscription, but I am very angry that they were able to charge my checking account without my approval. I want to know how they got my account information as well - I did not give it to them. This company is very shady.

I was also charged for a Reader's Digest subscription last month. Again, I never gave TWX my account information- my mom ordered the magazine for my and several of my family members and paid for the subscription with a check. They never should have had any of my bank account information - yet they charged me close to 30 dollars for a subscription renewal.
It is troubling to me that a company can obtain account or credit card information and charge you for something you did not authorize.

Haylee
Provo, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2006 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TWX-Magazine-Service/internet/TWX-Magazine-Service-fraudulent-credit-card-charges-for-unwanted-magazine-subscription-Rip-227339. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TWX Magazine Service