Complaint Review: TWX Magazine / Synapse Group, Inc

• Updated: Sat, October 11, 2008

• Reported By:Metairie Louisiana
TWX Magazine / Synapse Group, Inc
synapsegroupinc.com/ Internet U.S.A.

TWX Magazine Subscription Rip-off / Synapse Group, Inc Manages Unauthorized automatic bank charge for magazine subscription renewal Staford, Connecticut Internet

SOLUTION for those who have been caught in the TWX Magazine Subscription Rip-Off:

Like many others, I had a unauthorized charge show up on my bank statement for renewal of a "free" TWX magazine subscription. I was irrate and took action. It was actually easy to get it removed. Here's how:

Call this toll-free number for the Synapse Group which is a third party that manages TWX magazine subscriptions. 1-877-294-1093 (Thanks to another report on this website!)

A real person answered immediately. He asked for basic name/address (no SS or credit card info) and found my "account". I simply asked the service rep exactly what was listed. He told me I had one magazine subscription and named the mag. I told him to cancel it immediately. After making several offers to continue the magazine at discount rates and free issues (which I declined), he cancelled it and said I would receive a full refund in 7-10 days.
He was very pleasant, not pushy. I hope it actually worked!

GOOD LUCK!

Bryan
Metairie, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2008 08:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TWX-Magazine-Synapse-Group-Inc/internet/TWX-Magazine-Subscription-Rip-off-Synapse-Group-Inc-Manages-Unauthorized-automatic-bank-380325. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TWX Magazine / Synapse Group, Inc