Complaint Review: TWX Magazine

• Submitted: Mon, October 13, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, October 13, 2008

• Reported By:los angeles California
TWX Magazine
Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

TWX Magazine Is that even a real company or some bozo with a credit card charge machine in his basement? Los Angeles California

If you'd found this, unfortunately, you've probably already received charges from them that you didn't authorize.

My story is a little bit different than most of the posters here. Most people seem to have actually had some type of subscription at some time. I did not. I don't subscribe to any magazines or newsletters. I only even noticed the charge from these clowns because their unauthorized charge overdrew me, and my bank sent me an automated text message. I immediately looked it up and disputed the charge...we'll see how it goes...

My point is just that this company at least appears to purchase credit/debit card numbers and TELL YOU that you have a subscription. It's not fair to assume that everyone who was charged by them made the mistake of not cancelling their subscriptions on time.

Who knows? Maybe someone used my card number? Maybe TWX just bought a list of numbers in a back alley? Maybe just bad luck? I don't really know, and I don't really care. I just want my money back, and I hope that with enough complaints they'll change their deceitful business practices, (a pipe dream, I know).

los angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2008 12:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TWX-Magazine/Los-Angeles-California-90045/TWX-Magazine-Is-that-even-a-real-company-or-some-bozo-with-a-credit-card-charge-machine-in-380807. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TWX Magazine