Complaint Review: TWX Magazine

• Submitted: Fri, February 15, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, February 15, 2008

• Reported By:fort worth Texas
TWX Magazine
TWX Magazines.com New York, New York U.S.A.

TWX Magazine MAGAZINE SCAM TOOK MY MONEY New York New York

I was going to order some merchandise from Harbor Freight for my husbands Valentines gifts online. But once I found no option to have faster shipping I called the customer service line and completed my order. Once done the rep. advised me of 3 free months of magazines. She absolutely assured me there would be no charge for 3 months and to call 1-800-607-9869 to cancel anytime. I again asked her "Are you sure I wont be charged anything for the 1st 3 months?" and she said that is correct.

So okay no problem. Well today I check my bank account and there was a charge for $2.01 from TWX Magazines. Yes it was only $2.01, but once I typed in this companys phone # online and started to pull up the scams they were running w/peoples card info, I immediately called the 800# I was provided.

Well that itself is another story. I could not(at first) get a live person. So finally I just kept repeating "OPERATOR" over and over again every time the voice automated operator said couldn't understand my request. And finally she said hold for an operator.

So I held, and held and held. finally a (at the time) nice lady named Donna answered the phone and got my last name and address and asked how she could help me. I advised her of the charge and the reports I read and that I wanted this whole thing canceled. I advised her I wanted my credit card # removed and do not want any magazines even the free ones. She said they charge that to make sure the cards legit and that it's already been refunded to my account. I advised her I was looking at my bank as we speak and there's no refund. And that I wasn't going to receive any kind of charge.

Well the nice lady found an attitude. She started getting sassy. She said "Okay it's been canceled." I told her I wanted her operator ID#, supervisor name or reference number, something to link her to this. She said they don't have any of that but then said I have a ref# (apparently she didn't hear that when I said it).

I then advised her I wanted a supervisor and she said she has to tell the sup what I want. I advised her I want to have more confirmation.

So a supervisor named Christy got on the phone and I advised her I wanted to make sure my credit card # is out of their system. She said "Yes it is and we can't charge it unless you authorize it." I asked her for the conf# (just to make sure it matched the other ladys), it matched.

So now I just wait and see if any more charges come through. I will be calling my bank to advise them to block this company from debiting anything. And hope they haven't sold my credit card info to any scammers.

Youngchef
fort worth, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2008 10:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TWX-Magazine/New-York-New-York/TWX-Magazine-MAGAZINE-SCAM-TOOK-MY-MONEY-New-York-New-York-309136. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TWX Magazine