Complaint Review: TWX Magazines FYE

• Submitted: Thu, August 28, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, August 28, 2008

• Reported By:Oviedo Florida
TWX Magazines FYE
1862 53 Street, Moline, Illinois U.S.A.

TWX Magazines And FYETWX Magazines FYE TWX and FYE Credit Card Scam Moline Illinois

In December I was offered a trial of 3 free magazines by the video and CD store FYE. I accepted this offer, not knowing that FYE had given out my credit card details to a third party, TWX magazines. This company is now charging my card - wholly without my consent and until this week without my knowledge - for the magazines. This was presented by FYE as a wholly free trial, and I never agreed to renew my subscription at any point. I have had free trials of magazines in the past, but have always been asked whether I WANTED to pay for the magazines prior to 'renewal'. Consequently, I have today been forced to close my credit card account and file a claim for fraudulent use of my card number.

FYE (and other high street companies who used TWX) is doing its customers a disgraceful disservice by continuing this kind of scam. Customers like me are being defrauded as credit card charges leave their accounts without their consent.

This is a disgrace. TWX refuses to talk to its unwitting 'customers' on the phone, of course, and all you get is a computerized menu which offers no refunds. You can find other cases involving TWX in this and other consumer rip off sites, and it is only a matter of time before this TWX, FYE and others are subject to a class action suit (if this is not happening already). Giving away my credit card details to an unknown third party was, I believe, illegal and an egregious example of credit card fraud. Charging the card without my knowledge was also fraud.

Oviedo, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2008 07:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TWX-Magazines-FYE/Moline-Illinois/TWX-Magazines-And-FYETWX-Magazines-FYE-TWX-and-FYE-Credit-Card-Scam-Moline-Illinois-367734. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TWX Magazines FYE