Complaint Review: TWX Magazines Magazeoutlet USNEWSDIGIT NSS Magazine Outlet

• Submitted: Thu, March 23, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, June 23, 2006

• Reported By:St Simons Isl Georgia
TWX Magazines Magazeoutlet USNEWSDIGIT NSS Magazine Outlet
New York, New York U.S.A.

TWX Magazines Magazeoutlet USNEWSDIGIT NSS Magazine Outlet ripoff fast, return slow New York New York

*UPDATE Employee: Wrong.

My wife and mother-in-law ordered a Majic Bullet off the TV and were told it came with some free magazines about 3 1/2 months ago. Two weeks ago, an $18 charge showed up from TWX. Again yesterday, a charge showed up for $114. Both charges caused an overdraft in my bank account. Neither my wife of my mother-in-law had a clue who TWX was and had not ordered any magazines.

I finally had some time to get to the bank and ask about it, and they gave me a phone number. After about 2 hours of trying to find a way through their automated garble, I tried pressing 0. It worked.

I told the company operator that the charge was unauthorized and she told me that she would cancel the subscription and refund the money. Then she tells me it will take two months to return the money to my account. It only too 2 weeks to put me $200 in the hole. I was already mad and asked about what would be done with the overdraft fees of $70. I was told I had to send bank statements to that fact and they would refund it within "two billing periods" once they got the paperwork.

They probably hope people like me just won't bother. I don't make enough not to bother.

Mark
St Simons Isl, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2006 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TWX-Magazines-Magazeoutlet-USNEWSDIGIT-NSS-Magazine-Outlet/New-York-New-York/TWX-Magazines-Magazeoutlet-USNEWSDIGIT-NSS-Magazine-Outlet-ripoff-fast-return-slow-New-Yo-182910. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TWX Magazines Magazeoutlet USNEWSDIGIT NSS Magazine Outlet

Wrong.

AUTHOR: T07troublemaker - (U.S.A.)

Our comany posts back withing 24 hours, and it may take your card issuer and additional 72 business hours to show the credit. This is normal procedure with any type of credit card refund. As for two months, that's just crazy. What the rep told you was you would SEE the credit posted on your next one to two billing statemants (and that's actually verbatim from our scripting mind you), which means, on your next one to two PAPER statements your bank/financial institution sends you, you will SEE the credit posted.

As for your overdrafts, if you call your bank and claim that the charge was unauthorized, they have to give you what they charged you in overdrafts back, and if they wouldn't, we would have provided you with a fax number to fax a copy of your statement showing the overages accrued for us to review.