Complaint Review: TWX Magazines

• Submitted: Sun, March 15, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, March 15, 2009

• Reported By:Bloomington Indiana
TWX Magazines
PO Box 670 Newburgh, New York U.S.A.

TWX Magazines fraudulent charges, unauthorized charges, incorrect billing practices Newburgh New York

I just checked my bank statement and I have 3 different charges that look like PURCHASE TWX*7NR8R1*ROL 800-205-9198 NY

One of them was for US Weekly magazine, and I have been receiving letters in the mail which state that my subscription was about to expire and I needed to reply to avoid an interruption in my service. So I look on US Weekly's site and put in my account number, and it states that my account is already expired - so why did I just get charged $91 on my bank account? US Weekly's site says that my subscription is for $74 a month and even with sales tax there should not be this much of a difference.

I did not authorize any of these charges on my debit card and since I was not planning for two $80 charges and a $91 charge I also have to pay three sets of $29 overdraft charges from my bank. I am infuriated!

Also, I am on the Do Not Call list yet I get calls several times a month, even on my cell phone from this company, saying that my bank or credit card had given them my contact information and asking me to subscribe to magazines and to enter a sweepstakes to win a trip to Florida. I have told them at least 5 times to stop calling me and that I am on the Do Not Call list and I am not interested in this crap! I don't even *have* a credit card so they definitely did not get my phone number that way.

Miss star
Bloomington, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2009 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TWX-Magazines/Newburgh-New-York-12551/TWX-Magazines-fraudulent-charges-unauthorized-charges-incorrect-billing-practices-Newbur-434449. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TWX Magazines