Complaint Review: TWX Sports Illustrated

• Submitted: Sun, June 17, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, June 17, 2012

• Reported By: KC — Austin Texas United States of America
TWX Sports Illustrated
225 High Ridge Road East Building Stamford, Connecticut United States of America

TWX Sports Illustrated Unauthorized transaction to credit card Stamford, Connecticut

I bought a pair of new tennis shoes from The Finish Line back in February (four months ago). The cashier said I would get a free issue of SI's magazine mailed to me. NOTE: I did not sign up for it. The ONLY thing I signed was the receipt for my shoes.

Of course, I did not receive the magazine in the mail, but had not thought twice about it until tonight when I looked at my credit card charges. Low and behold, a charge of $24.95 from TWX Sports Illustrated occurred yesterday (four months after buying my shoes) without my authorization.

I have been unable to reach SI by phone since it's after hours, but am furious that they took advantage of me (and many other Finish Line shoppers). I will be paying the store a visit first thing in the morning to speak with the manager about their scheme with SI, and will pursue full compensation with SI.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2012 08:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TWX-Sports-Illustrated/Stamford-Connecticut-/TWX-Sports-Illustrated-Unauthorized-transaction-to-credit-card-Stamford-Connecticut-898884. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TWX Sports Illustrated