Complaint Review: TWX

• Submitted: Fri, January 02, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, January 02, 2009

• Reported By:Boulder Colorado
TWX
1271 Avenue Of The Americas New York, New York U.S.A.

TWX Magazine Subscriptions - Bizrate charged card without authorization, provided no warning or number to call ... New York New York

I completed a survey for bizrate and got $25 in free magazine subscriptions. I wasn't aware that they'd charge me MSRP for the magazines when my trial was over, and when I got an $18 charge on my card today, I was pissed. I called the bank and had them get me an 800 # for this place (1800-773-3142). I then canceled my Rolling Stone subscription via the automated service. The recording said I should be credited within 24 hours. Scam could have been much worse, I'm confident that my account will be credited and that I will never deal with bizrate or TWX again! Regardless I think a company should legally have to notify you if they are charging you for any amount, or they at least should give you a number to cancel the service. TWX is the whack, so is Bizrate for being associated with such scandalousness .

Educatedandwait
Boulder, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2009 03:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TWX/New-York-New-York-10020/TWX-Magazine-Subscriptions-Bizrate-charged-card-without-authorization-provided-no-warni-407292. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TWX