• Report: #1162099

• Submitted: Tue, July 15, 2014
  • Updated: Tue, July 15, 2014

• Reported By: TaKia — Waldorf Alabama
Internet USA

Synapse Group dba Magazine Customer Service Magazine Subscription Scam Stamford, CT Internet

I came across a site and was entitled to a free subscription to up to 4 magazines. I paid the required shipping and handling charges and began receiving my subscriptions without any issues.  Approximately 4 weeks later I am checking my bank account and see that I am being charged $117 for the People subscription even though the free deliveries were not completed. On July 4th, I call them and explain that I have not requested or authorized full subsciption to any of the free magazines I am receiving.  Immediately cancelled the entire bundle and requested a refund.  I was informed that my request was accepted and that since the charge was only pending, it would simply fall off as not processed.

4 days later, I check again and no refund so I call back and I'm informed that the termination request was processed and that it could take up to 72 hours to credit back to me.  I called 5 days later because I still hadn't received my refund to request to speak to a manager or someone in charge of processing the refund.  No one is available for that so they took my daytime number. Needless to say - it has been almost 2 weeks, they have run out of excuses and I still don't have my refund.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2014 07:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TWX/internet/Synapse-Group-dba-Magazine-Customer-Service-Magazine-Subscription-Scam-Stamford-CT-Inter-1162099. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TWX