Complaint Review: TX Tag

• Submitted: Tue, July 10, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, July 10, 2012

• Reported By: John — Austin Texas U.S.A.
TX Tag
12719 Burnet Road Austin, Texas United States of America

TX Tag Texas Tollways Fraudulent Penalties; Billing systems incorrect; No customer service, Monopoly Austin, Texas

Called to change my stolen credit card in Jul 2012 and was notified that I had a $492.23 balance on my account from 2009.  Good news they will settle for $17.23...

I explained that I spent a Saturday (Oct 1) at their facility correcting the error back in 2009 which they confirmed, but said their billing system didn't process these charges until Oct. 6th so they couldn't take them from my account which has more than enough money and is on Auto-refill using an Amex card.

I cannot cancel my account online I must go into the office to cancel. They didn't care that a 4 year customer wanted to cancel (monopoly) and said if that's the case I owe the full $492.23.

Then asked me how I would like to receive the $18.06 balance on my account as a refund.

The monopoly forces me to pre-pay for tolls I may use in the future, I agree to auto-replenish to avoid ever being negative, get charged $475 in penalties for their billing error and they don't need me as a customer...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2012 02:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TX-Tag/Austin-Texas-78727/TX-Tag-Texas-Tollways-Fraudulent-Penalties-Billing-systems-incorrect-No-customer-service-909560. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TX Tag