Complaint Review: TXU Electric - Petco

• Submitted: Tue, March 20, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, March 20, 2007

• Reported By:carrollton Texas
TXU Electric - Petco
electricitytexas.com/txu/index.html?mrc=G-E-txu+electric Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

TXU Electric - Petco ripoff I almost Died! Dallas Texas

Almost 2 yrs ago on August 27, 2005 I was visiting a Petco sponsored event: "Chihuahua Races".
This event was held at Reverchon Park in Dallas, TX. I was sitting on a curb & unbeknownst to me there was a live wire next to my shoulder coming down from a light pole & when I turned, my shoulder touched it & it made me grab it & flipped me over to the other side of the pole & with every bit of strength & power in my body I could not let it go. It was also on a wet, muddy ground. It was exactly like a cartoon with me feeling extreme shaking & extremley strong voltage throughout every bit of my body. I was yelling: "I can't let go!" Hundreds of people attended this event & I guess they wanted to see someone get electrocuted. They did nothing!! Only by the Grace of God, I was released & I was able to let go of the wire & stand up. The (loosely used) Security Guard as I was told later was standing by watching the entire thing!!

I was extremely disoriented, but as I said no one did anything. I did not have a cell phone or the good sense to ask someone to call 911. I actually drove myself to the emergency room & my blood pressure registered at 165/over another # that I have forgotten now. I contacted an Attorney who as of this minute has not done anything as far as I know. He has not filed suit against anyone. Fast forward to November of that year & I experienced extreme pain & I had to take off work for a few days & I was hospitalized w/pain above my elbow. I was diagnosed with bulging discs, of course which had never ever bothered me in my life before.

I feel strongly that TXU Electric, Petco, & the City of Dallas failed horribly in protecting the public & had a child or an elderly person(of which there were many) came in contact with that live wire they would have been killed by the voltage I sustained that day. This is a day that forever traumitized me. I have become very afraid of anything electical.

Tell me what you think? Does my attorney work for the other side??

Karita
carrollton, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2007 05:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TXU-Electric-Petco/Dallas-Texas-75007/TXU-Electric-Petco-ripoff-I-almost-Died-Dallas-Texas-239927. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TXU Electric - Petco