Complaint Review: TXU Energy

TXU Energy
PO Box 650764 Dallas, Texas USA

TXU Energy Misquoting, not truthful Dallas Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Here to help

Not truthful with their quotes. As evidenced by:

My average use charge (13.2c) is higher than my quoted range (12.2-11.7c) and there is an unmentioned TXU charge for delivery that is roughly a 30% markup in addition to my usage. So if I use fifty dollars worth of electricity (base charge plus energy charge), TXU will add another 22.45 or so to my subtotal resulting in a bill of around $75.

The fact that this was not mentioned when I specifically asked questions about how they charge and final bill costs prior to agreeing is disappointing. It will cost me $150 to cancel the contract but it is worth it now before summer comes and I high to pay higher amounts because of higher energy usage.

I would wage on the fact that cancellation fees drive a healthy portion of TXU profits. I hope their salesmen grow more ethically.

FYI: the customer service gentlemean I got was uninformed as well. When I asked him to explain my plan range (Texas Choice 12), he let me know what I knew: over 1000 kWh used, 11.7 cents each-under 1000, 12.7 cents.

Then I asked how my average was 13 cents. He proceeded to read my entire bill to me verbatim, and I listened. When he finished I asked again, how can my average rate be greater than the highest rate? He then placed me on hold for a nice little while to get a supervisor before he (not the supervisor) got on the phone and gave me a new rate range (WHAT!?!?) instead of just owning up to the fact that they overcharged and lied during their sales pitch.

I would not recommend TXU for services.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2013 06:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TXU-Energy/Dallas-Texas-75265/TXU-Energy-Misquoting-not-truthful-Dallas-Texas-1048140. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TXU Energy

Here to help

AUTHOR: Lauren - ()

We’re sorry to hear about any misunderstanding in the price of your plan and would be more than glad to help explain your rate and/or product if you’d like to share your contact information with us at Lauren@txu.com. Your business is important to us and we want to make sure you know exactly what you’re paying for!