Complaint Review: TXU Energy

*Author of original report: Follow Up

*Consumer Comment: KRAPPY KARL STRIKES AGAIN

*Consumer Comment: Let us know

*UPDATE Employee: TXU Energy

I started my service with TXU Energy in Jan of 2011 when I moved to the Houston TX area. I was not even in the house for 6 days of the billing cycle. We didn't have the air, heat or any unusual amout of appliances going etc. They charged me over $300 for my first bill and said that I used almost 3000 kwh of electricity. This is NOT possible. I called to find out what was going on and got the run around and was advised that they would call me back to have someone look at the meter but that there wouldn't be much they could do until I had more bills to compare it to.

I paid my bill and continue to pay them. I NEVER got that call. Well now that I have had more bills for them to compare the first to, I have had the ac running 24/7 for the last 2 months,  and my eletric bill hasn't even come close to that first reading. For the month of March it was 1300 kwh, April was 1500 kwh, and my most current bill is just under 200 kwh. So I called again over a week ago was transferred a bunch of times and was promised a call back to get this resolved after threatening to do what I am doing now along with contacting the BBB and the local news.

Again, I never got that call back. So, I called today spent almost an hour on the phone and was again transferred a few times and finally got to Ruth 79223 in the office of the CEO (a fancy title to hopefully shut me up and think they are going to help me) and she tried to tell me that it was very cold in Jan and that is probably why my bill was so high. I then explained to her that I didn't even move into the house until Jan 27th. She then said she was going to contact the people who read the meter and have them advise her what to do and call me back.

She has since called me back (a first!) and advised that there is nothing they can do and it has to be due to the cold weather that Houston had for a week in Jan. I am horrified by this. I guess they think I am just some dumb consumer who is just going to pay the bill no matter what the amountwell they are WRONG I read my bills and pay attention. They have ripped me off and aren't willing to do the right thing and admit their mistake and I can't understand this. It is infruriating. I am also going to file on the BBB website and contact the local news. Thank goodness I didn't sign a contract with them because I will also be getting my electric service thru another provider.

(((email)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2011 12:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TXU-Energy/Dallas-Texas-75265/TXU-Energy-Overcharged-me-and-wont-correct-it-Dallas-Texas-735146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TXU Energy

Another perspective

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You are going on the basis that the meter shows you used that much electricity in 6 days.

Since you seem to feel that the readings have been correct since the first one we can probably figure that the meter is working correctly.

It could be possible that they did not read your meter when you started service and used an older reading, trying to hold you responsible for the previous residents.  That could account for the difference, especially if that reading was a couple of months old and the residence was in fact occupied.

question

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Do you use electricity for both heat and air?? I have TXU because I cannot afford to switch but I have gas for heat.  That makes a big difference.

Sounds like

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

the company is FULL of SCUMBAGS!

Another Update

AUTHOR: AMcCarty - (USA)

So as I finished my last update Center Point calls me. It was Mrs. Ford 713-207-1111 ext 69005 who wanted to know if I still wanted my meter tested. I said no why would I when they already said they aren't going to change anything. She then said well I just have to call to check. I then asked her to explain to me how 3 days of having the heater on could make that bill 1000 kwh higher than any other bill I have had especially considering that I have had the ac on non-stop for the last 2 months. Her response was I needed to have the landlord check the equipment I advised that the equipment works fine. She then said well we tested your meter and know that it is fine. I asked her when because I have been waiting for a call from them for months since I first talked to TXU about the problem months ago. She said they were Friday 6/3/11. I asked her how since I have a 110lb dog in the yard and a lock on the fence. She said they were allowed to jump the fence I then asked her if they are always stupid enough to jump the fence when there is a very large dog in the yard. She told me again they were Friday. I  now know what kind of LIARS these people are. I am so disgusted right now.

AUTHOR: AMcCarty - (USA)

Well, Greg from TXU got in touch with me quickly after I posted this. Unfortunately that is the only good thing I can say about Greg's services. Basically no one wants to take responsibilty and fix the problem. He passed the buck onto Center Point who reads the meter and they told him they weren't going to change anything. They are still sticking to their excuse that I must have used 1000 more kwh in that billing cycle because I had the heat on for 3 days. I will be looking for another provider. Granted, Center Point might read all of the meters but if I can find a company that won't make me wait months for answers and having to post on here and the BBB website and make numerous phone calls and have less hassle it will be worth it.

KRAPPY KARL STRIKES AGAIN

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

and as before, he's asked for it

Let us know

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

What "greg" does for you.

I doubt it will be much...

AUTHOR: Greg@TXU - (USA)

I am sorry to hear about your issues. I would like to see if I could help.

Please email me at greg@txu.com so we can discuss.

Greg