Complaint Review: TXU Energy

• Reported By: nam — Hiouston Texas United States of America
Houston, TX Houston Internet, Texas United States of America

TXU Energy TXU Energy TXU energy Buyer beware!!! scam Houston Internet, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: TXU Energy

*Consumer Comment: How does that work, exactly?

*Consumer Comment: It is always interesting..

I wa perfectly happy with Stream energy till a TXU rep came by and sold me of th idea of swithching. I was hesitant, but I did it anyway. I have been with TXU for 9 months owe them nothing and my bills are current I've never had my electric shut off for non payment, yet on the 9th month I receive my bill with an additional $350.00 for a deposit . which they say in their contract which no one ever bothers to read because the sales people dont give you a chance. that they can implement a deposit anytime. I was late with a payment 1 day! after the cutoff date and it was probably because a mail issue. I talked to these peop[le and they werent willing to wive the deposit I told them to take their company and stick it where the sun doesn't shine. I imediately switched back to Stream.  I was a perfact customer and they didn't tell me or won't tell you about the deposit up front , you will get it months down the road. this company sucks do not do any business with them under ANY circumstances. BUYER BEWARE!!!

oh and get this. when I was through telling tghe customer service rep that I was not paying the deposit and dropping them. He told me sorry I feel that way and thank tyo for being a valued customer. Can you believe what this moron told me?! thias is the kind of incompetence and idiots our school system is creating. they work for companies like TXU.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2012 09:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TXU-Energy/Houston-Internet-Texas-/TXU-Energy-TXU-Energy-TXU-energy-Buyer-beware-scam-Houston-Internet-Texas-828334. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TXU Energy

AUTHOR: Greg@TXU - (USA)

Wed like to research your case to better understand your situation.  We have a variety of plans to help customers that need assistance paying their bill, and dont assess deposits based on a single late payment.

Please contact me at greg@txu.com so I may assist.

Thanks,
Greg
TXU Energy

How does that work, exactly?

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

" their contract which no one ever bothers to read because the sales people dont give you a chance. "

I see this a lot on ROR.   How exactly do the sales people keep you from reading a contract before you sign it?   Do they hold their hands over your eyes?  Poke you with sharp sticks?  What?

The reason I ask is that I personally don't sign contracts unless I've read them.  According to you, "no one" bothers to do this.   Knowing that the whole purpose of the contract is to commit me to a set of terms and conditions, I like to know what I'm agreeing to.   If you go through life signing your name to things you don't understand, you will always be disappointed.

Have you "bothered" to read this contract yet?   I ask because contracts usually bind the customer to service for a period of time.   You usually can't just call up and cancel without some sort of penalty, but you made no mention of that.   Curious.

It is always interesting..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

How people claiming to be "Ripped Off" define themselves as a "Perfect" where they didn't do anything wrong.

- This sure makes it sound like you are a "perfect" customer and anyone reading this probably would wonder why you were stuck with this deposit.  But then we find out how "perfect" you were.  You were so perfect that you had a late payment.  Of course it was only by a day and "probably" because of the mail.  I guess it was the mail who kept you from sending out the payment earlier to make sure it arrived on time?

Does it suck that you have to pay a deposit for being 1 day late..yep.  But it is in their contract and you agreed to it.  Hopefully if you learned anything it is that before you sign ANYTHING in the future that you take the time to read and understand what you are signing.  Where if the salesperson doesn't give you the time to read it...don't sign it until they do.

As for them calling you a "valued customer" when you were leaving.  Exactly what did you want them to say.  Did you want them to yell and curse saying that you were a horrible customer and they are glad you are leaving?

municipal