Complaint Review: TXU Energy

• Reported By: babygirl — haskell Texas United States of America
TXU Energy
po box 650764 dallas, Texas United States of America

TXU Energy TXU charges additional deposits to the unemployeed!!!! dallas, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Very sorry for your hard times, but...

I have been unemployeed since my wrongful termination from the hospital I worked at in May of 2011, Stamford Memorial Hospital. At the time I was between 6 and 7 months pregnant and extremely worried about paying my bills. When I called TXU the following week and explained to them what had happened, they reassured me that they wouldnt disconnect my service, just for me to let them know when I could make payments and they would make arrangements. Then at the end of Febuary 2012, I received a bill that informed me that I had to pay an additional deposit of $530 or they would disconnect my electricity. I called them and reminded them of my continued unemployment status and that I had to have electricity to take care of my then 6 month old daughter. They informed me that they had to be payed the deposit, no one would be able to wave it because of my late payments, between 1 and 8 days late at the most. [continued below]....
..... They also informed me that they would charge me an early disconnection fee if I changed providers of $250, even though I had been with them as a customer for nearly 2 years!

Now it is May and I am still making double payments because they continued to charge me for the regular electricity and the additional deposit, and they put my additional payments in to the regular account instead of towards the deposit, which caused me to be charged extra late fees which they also would not wave. With the costs of daily living and careing for my little girl, who is now 8 months old, we are struggling to just buy food and clothing for us and her. We have now been making double payments for nearly 3 months now and it seems there is no end in sight. We have to have service to cool the house and lights, and warm water for my daughters baths and bottles. What else can a person do?

Amber, Haskell Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2012 03:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TXU-Energy/dallas-Texas-775265/TXU-Energy-TXU-charges-additional-deposits-to-the-unemployeed-dallas-Texas-871832. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TXU Energy

Very sorry for your hard times, but...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

TXU isn't interested in personal problems....they are a business.

To them it's irrelevant what your situation is...it's the same with all businesses.

Can you get help from family or a family services organization where you live. Often help can be obtained on a one time or temporary basis to help get you on your feet.

TXU is responsible to their share holders and other customers,  The share holders expect a profit and other customers would have to make up for what others fail to pay.  They CANNOT accomodate YOUR payment schedule for long.

A deposit is NOT money lost.  It is charged, held and in most cases accrues interest and is then refunded after a pre-determined time of on time payments.  It payments are late again, the clock on the refund starts over.

Good luck to you,