Complaint Review: TXU Utility

• Submitted: Tue, December 02, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 02, 2008

• Reported By:Killeen Texas
TXU Utility
P.O. Box 660409 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

TXU Utility ELECTRIC Re-Calculated Bill to benefit TXU. Dallas Texas

I'm gone several months of the year. TXU had permission through ACH withdrawal for my bill each month. I was gone February, March, April and May. My bills range from $20.00 to $127.00. No problem, the were paid. TXU said they thought the meter was dead, so they replaced the meter and re-calculated the bill with me then owing close to $1,000.00. When I leave for weeks or months at a time, I cut the circuit breaker off, except for the area of my telephone and freezer/refrigerator. I called and spoke with them, by name time and date. They brought it down to $500.00, Still not good. I asked them what kind of problem did my meter have, was is mechanical problem? I am not responsible for mechanical problems. The recalculation was in their favor. My electric will be cut off on 4 Dec 2008.

Crystal m.
Killeen, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2008 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TXU-Utility/Dallas-Texas-75266-0409/TXU-Utility-ELECTRIC-Re-Calculated-Bill-to-benefit-TXU-Dallas-Texas-396972. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TXU Utility