Complaint Review: TXU energy

• Updated: Thu, April 10, 2014

• Reported By: Rosie — Corpus Christi Texas
TXU energy
, Select State/Province USA

*UPDATE Employee: TXU energy Highway Robbery! Instead of saving me $ they made me bill 2x more expensive. Corpus Christi Texas

I am writing because I switched from my electric company to TXU due to the announcement stating they can save me money with free weekends or week nights. As a military family, we are always looking for ways to save money and help other families that come into town asking about phone companies, electric companies, etc..........  I was paying under 300$ a month and made sure to have my bill on hand so when they asked me for kW usage I was ready. I also expressed the fact that I wanted to pay under 300$. Customer service pretty much in their happy go lucky way said that I would be happy with TXU's service. Well, low and behold, my first bill came in the amount of 651.00$. WTF? When I called back to complain, that happy go lucky voice went to condescending and rude. I have never been treated with such disrespect and degrading manor. They made me feel as though it was my fault. I immediately cancelled and went back to my old company. My bill for the winter season has been under 200$ each month. And when I switched, the bill went right back to being under 300$. I thank god I switched. TXU has ripped me off for the last time. I will ensure to tell anyone I can of this false advisertisement and highway robbery. Thanks for nothing TXU!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2014 03:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TXU-energy/Select-StateProvince/TXU-energy-Highway-Robbery-Instead-of-saving-me-they-made-me-bill-2x-more-expensive-C-1137884. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TXU energy

AUTHOR: TXU Energy - ()

We’re sorry to hear that your experience was unfavorable and we did not meet your expectations. Our TXU Energy Free Nights and TXU Energy Free Weekends plans are most beneficial for customers who can shift at least 25% of their electricity usage during the free Energy Charge period. We will be more than happy to review your account and answer any questions regarding your bill. Please email SocialMedia@txu.com, include your account number and the best contact number to reach you. We strive for customer service excellence and would appreciate the opportunity to improve your experience with us in the future.