Complaint Review: TXU

• Updated: Sun, September 02, 2012

• Reported By: isabel — dallas Texas United States of America
TXU
Dallas, Texas United States of America

TXU No one knows whats going on , customer service has no idea,they are completely unable to answer a question. we downgraded are home to a newer but aproximatley 700 ft smaller, Dallas, Texas

*Consumer Comment: TXU Ripped Me Off Too. They were More Expensive Than Everyone Else..

*Consumer Comment: I think TXU is a RIP OFF too.

*General Comment: Assistance

No one knows whats going on , customer service has no idea,they are completely unable to answer a question. we downgraded are home to a  newer but aproximatley 700 ft smaller, acording to TXU are electric usage has double,  and the to them the comsuption is much more than last summer ( 2011),  DONT USE THIS COMPANY.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2012 08:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TXU/Dallas-Texas-/TXU-No-one-knows-whats-going-on-customer-service-has-no-ideathey-are-completely-unable-929384. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TXU

TXU Ripped Me Off Too. They were More Expensive Than Everyone Else..

AUTHOR: ilic - (USA)

When I first moved to Dallas I signed up with TXU. I was living in an efficiency apartment and worked many hours at the time and was not home much. I am a single woman and lived alone. No one was ever in my apartment but me. I also don't have pets.

Well, my electricity bill was always extraordinarily high. I have rented apartments of various sizes in various cities for years but with TXU I could never make sense of my bill. I got to the point I dreaded getting the bill. My bill was always over $100 dollars and at times approaching $200.00 for the month.

One day I spoke with one of the groundsmen at my apartment complex and he informed me to get rid of TXU. He stated they were far more expensive than everyone else. Reliant is bad too but not quite as bad as TXU. He stated when he moved from Dallas to Garland and started using a different power company his electricity bill was cut in half, even though he moved from a one bedroom apartment into a three bedroom house!!

I left TXU and every single bill I have ever recieved since has been around half to less than half of what TXU charged me on a monthly basis. My bill now (I am still in an efficiency apt) runs around $45 to $50 per month.

With TXU it would have been close to $200.00.

TXU is a major RIPOFF.

I think TXU is a RIP OFF too.

AUTHOR: JMO - (USA)

We went on vacation for a week, unplugged everything in the house except the fridge and the freezer and still came home to  almost $ 30 worth of electricity used for the week.  There was no ac on  nothing we took the dogs with us so I know they weren't using it. TXU keeps saying maybe someone was at your house while you were gone maybe a friend or a relative. Well we didn't leave a Key so unless they broke in and never went in or out so our neighbors didn't see them that makes no sense. They want a $295 fee to end the contract, so we are going to take the loss to get rid of them. But I am going to make sure that I tell every family moving into the area to stay away from TXU. I am passing out flyers on Ft. Hood for anyone buying a home and moving off post to stay away from TXU. I tried to warn my husband but he didn't belive all the thigs people were saying. i will add copies of my bill to the flyers so people will see what a rip off they can be. They refuse to check our meter, yet they can't explain how 2 new energy star appliances used almost $30 worth of electricity in 8 days. Except to say maybe someone was in our home. Since none of our family lives in Tx and none of our friends would need to break in ( unless it was the devil because it was hot in my house, SINCE we turned of the AC)it will forever remain TXU's mystery SCAM.

#3 General Comment

Assistance

AUTHOR: Lauren - (United States of America)

Isabel Id like to see if I can help you. If youd be willing to send me your contact and/or account information to Lauren@txu.com, Ill investigate this for you and reach out shortly.