Complaint Review: TXU

• Submitted: Tue, January 06, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, September 06, 2010

• Reported By:Pasadena Texas
TXU
Space Center & Vista Pasadena, Texas U.S.A.

TXU Door to Door salesperson rudeness Pasadena Texas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: How it actually works.

Yesterday I was working at my kitchen table and a male walked up to my door with a clipboard and a necklace ID stating he was employed by TXU.

I only answered the door because he had seen me and I simply wasn't thinking. I also knew my neighbor was watching from across the street. He had a stack of Reliant bills and stated our home had been picked because we pay our bills on time and our neighbors "blahupblah" and the other side "upblahup" had signed up with him. He wanted me to sign up offering me a $100 Visa which would take a month to receive and only after I paid my first bill. He appeared angry that I refused to allow him in my home, and knowing my husband had just pulled in I continued talking so he would leave without a 'grudge' He wanted me to give him my ss or dl to which I stated that would never happen. His answer was "in this world people give those numbers all the time" I replied in my world people get ripped off by giving them all the time. I then told him I wasn't interested, he was offering me a penny in savings per KWH and I was in a contract with Reliant so he said don't worry the 150 charge for cancelling will be paid for with the visa and you will save so much that the extra 50 is nothing. I told him thanks anyway but I don't do business that way, in fact I apologized for taking up his time. He answered with "What are you going to do check us out, just give your dl number and you want have to worry about you ss" I got in the house and quickly shut the door, as he continued to complain as to why I just wouldn't go for such a good deal. He scared me. i immediately contacted TXU, who never answered my email or phone call.

Sharron
Pasadena, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2009 09:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TXU/Pasadena-Texas-77505/TXU-Door-to-Door-salesperson-rudeness-Pasadena-Texas-408596. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TXU

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

How it actually works.

AUTHOR: Meagan - (United States of America)

Door to Door Residential sales are nothing to be wary of because they are real. I used to work with TXU and they would give us a street sheet with certain addresses of people who qualified for the discount because they actually paid their bills on time. Not every house on your street was allowed that privilege. If your name isn't on the list, then you probably have to put down a deposit for the contract. All reps will have a white binder with information they are relaying to you as well as a badge with their agent number on it. If you really believe they are scam artists, ask to call the number on the back of their badge to confirm they really TXU employees. The reason he asked for a DL or SS is because they have to confirm your identity to protect you from fraud. We fill out a simple paper and do a third party verification call which is when you need to produce the DL or SS. It's just to make sure that you are who you say you are and the rep isn't just impersonating you. The call is put in place for your protection. The rep does not need your DL or SS, just the operator on the verification call. If he asks for it at the door, you know that this is not a legitimate rep.

The VISA is a welcome bonus meant to help out with the contract cancellation fees that you may incur. The reason that it comes after your first bill is because what is stopping you from canceling 5 minutes after the rep hands you the card and leaves? TXU would be losing money like crazy if they gave it to you on the spot.