Complaint Review: TXU

• Updated: Thu, March 13, 2008

• Reported By:Houston Texas
.txuenergy.com Internet U.S.A.

TXU Poor service Houston Internet

I requested a simple procedure, to change service from an existing electric meter to a new one. An appointment was made for the following day for the serviceman to meet with my contractor. The serviceman did not appear.

When I returned to the city after being away for a week, I began calling on Monday, repeating my request for service. In short, for 5 days, I was continually put on "hold", during which time I was subjected to the same commercials for TXU over and over again, saying how great they were. I was given misinformation repeatedly: "You will get service between 24 and 48 hours." "The serviceman will be there today." "The service man will be there tomorrow." "The technician cancelled your request" (however, no one knew why). "Your request was put on hold." Finally, on Friday, I was told that TXU had contracted with CenterPoint to implement the service!

My heart sunk at this information because I had been having difficulty getting service from CenterPoint. However, when I sent a manager a certified letter explaining my difficulties, the man responded with a telephone call, apologizing profusely, and the service was completed the same day.

In contrast, all TXU did was send me a bland e-mail weakly saying "sorry" and indicating that it did not mean much to them that I planned to switch to another service provider.

Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2008 10:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TXU/internet/TXU-Poor-service-Houston-Internet-317581. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TXU