Complaint Review: TXU

• Submitted: Tue, November 27, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, November 27, 2012

• Reported By: Old but not stupid — dayton Texas United States of America
TXU

TXU txu nights free plan Internet

I guess my first mistake was trusting the phone representative when I called TXU about  getting a cheaper electric plan, since now I'm on Social Security Disability. They told me since my lifestyle consist mostly living at night and sleeping during the day, that the Nights Free Plan would probably work best for me, and I though they where right. Being on a fixed income and spending 25% of my monthly income on electric, who could argue with free electric between 10pm. to 6am. Then the bill came, and I used my average 1600 kilo-watts and 800 kilo-watts during the day and 800 FREE kilo-watts at night. The only problem is now those 800 kilo-watts is only around $10 cheaper each month I use to pay for 1600 kilo-watts the previous months. There two year contract doesn't give me a choice now of when I sleep because if I go back to sleeping at night I'll use twice as much electric, which would result in 50% of my income just for electric. TXU answer to this is to pay early cancellation fee of $295.00 and change plans or learn to use less electricity.I use to not use air conditioning for about two years because I couldn't afford it and truss me that tough to do in the Houston summers but after my wife's second stroke I don't have choice anymore. My user name is 'Old but not stupid" but after signing up for TXU Nights Free Plan I should change my user name to " Old and Stupid" and you know what they say here in Texas, "You can fix your teeth, You can even fix Ugly but you can't fix STUPID"  I guess what I'm saying, if it sounds to good to be true, watch out. Or maybe in world where greed is the new religion "NOBODY RIDES FOR FREE"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2012 02:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TXU/internet/TXU-txu-nights-free-plan-Internet-974526. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TXU