There are a lot of details and efforts,which are associated with a wedding reception. In spite of all the planning you
still have to rely on your vendor, and believe their assurance. This is exactly the nightmare that no host, especially the bride and groom want to find themselves in.
After making a few trips to Orlando, we finalized the menu with Tabla Owner (Name not disclosed) (the owner) and his wife. I agree that they got creative with their menu, after understanding our preferences, and so we trusted
them to execute it the same way. We wanted to make sure that either one of them, be at the event in Tampa, to
supervise the event to make sure everything went well. They started making excuses, which didnt make sense to us; nevertheless we insisted that one of them be at the event to make sure everything went in order. Close to the date,
when we tried to reach them to make sure everything was going as planned, etc, our phone calls were not immediately returned, and at the last minute we were told that none of the owners would be able to make it, but their chef, SJ
(Chef) would take charge on our reception night. We were not comfortable, but were assured it would all be ok. We spoke with SJ (Chef) about certain things prior to dinner time. I have to admit, that SJ (Chef) has a great attitude towards his guests and is pleasant to work with, but he was a chef and needed in the kitchen, not the manager who could supervise the process. Regardless, SJ (Chef) was advised that the event will go on till later, as several guests were coming after church service ended that Friday.
The evening was going great, and everyone seemed to like the food. When the bride and groom stepped off the
floor to grab dinner, they were astonished to find that the caterers had wrapped up and left. So not only did the bride and groom go hungry, but also it was extremely embarrassing to have no food for those guests who came after the
church. Literally 40 guests were not fed on our wedding night. This was just not acceptable and screwed up all the excitement that was going on. So even though we paid them for 200 guests, only 130 were fed. In spite of advising the staff about the last arrivals, they managed to wrap up and leave without informing the bride or grooms immediate family
After trying to reach them a few days after the wedding they claim that the remaining food was tossed. Makes me think, that you just went ahead and dumped food for over 60 people and didnt even have the courtesy to let the host know.
One of the biggest reasons we chose Tabla, was because the owners wife had told us in during our food tasting that, they do not do any marketing for their business. It was all word of mouth and references, which lead me, believe
that they cared for their guest and their satisfaction. Clearly I was wrong as in our case, it was exactly the opposite. I emailed him within a week, regarding the incident, for which I didnt receive any response for three days.
Tabla Owner (Name not disclosed) tried to cover it up by saying they called us, but there was no voicemail or missed calls from them.
There was no acceptance that we had a bad evening due to the negligence of the staff and lack of communication.
It is sad that inspite of serving decent tasting food, their quality of service is unacceptable. I am usually not the person to write a review, but their attitude and service forced me to do so. .
This was the last email we sent them, and I wont care to mention, how not very mature their response was in this matter, nor any responsibility in owning up the situation or offering a way to fix it.
Tabla Owner (Name not disclosed),
This is SRM (myself), in regards to your last email to RJ(My Bro-in-law). You are absolutely right i do recall that conversation at Tabla on the day of food tasting. Right after you mentioned about discarding the food, i told you that we would take the food with us, and you agreed that it was ok.
(2) My second point is that irrespective of the fact when the dinner started, your staff should have the courtesy to inform, a member of the family ( RJ(My Bro-in-law) or Mom), that it is time for you guys to wrap up. At that point it is our decision to take the food, arrange for boxes or get it discarded. We had discussed that point with you for a reason.
(3) You mentioned in your email that dinner started at 11;30 pm and you do not see how guests were not served, just to let you know it was friday we had prayers in jamat khana and the Bride and Groom who were busy entertaining guests, did not eat that night because when they came out, everything had been wrapped up and nobody was informed.
(4) This is precisely the reason we had requested multiple times the presence of you or Tabla C0-Owner(Name not disclosed) at the event,so we don,t find ourselves in such situations. That did not happen but you assured us that
all would be ok. We hoped that you had communicated with your staff about our requests since you chose not to be there.
(5) Honestly this was rather disappointing and embarrassing as we had family members and guests that went home hungry.Its a wedding occasion everybody is busy and running taking care of things all day and considering the lack of communication and what happened,this was not a happy ending.
(6) This is my first and only email to you because in spite making you aware of the incidents we are still finding ourselves giving you an explanation.When we met, Tabla C0-Owner(Name not disclosed) mentioned word of mouth is the only
marketing you do, which lead me to believe you care about customer satisfaction, i am looking forward to see you do so. Being that you are in the hospitality business need i say more,