Complaint Review: Taft Furniture

• Submitted: Wed, April 04, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, April 04, 2007

• Reported By:albany New York
Taft Furniture
Central Avenue Albany, New York U.S.A.

Taft Furniture Bait and switch & selling furniture they dont have. ripoff Albany New York

*Consumer Comment: Taft Furniture

My wife and I were looking for a sleigh bed at taft furniture.
We found one we liked and paid "CASH" for it on the spot.
After the deal was completly done, "then" the salesman "ED" tells us it will be a month atlest to get this bed, then a little longer to get it delivered. On top of that there is an $80.00 delivery charge. So we wanted the bed and said fine, on the date that it was promised,(after waiting a MONTH) no-one showed or called. Of course since I took the day off.

I called Taft, and "ED" the salesman was now-were to be found, of course, but the lady who answers the phone told me that the bed wasn't even in, she said it would be another week "ATLEAST".

Again I said fine, I want what I paid for. Another week goes by and finally "ED" called and said he'd like to set a date for delivery? So doesnt this saleman then tell me that its going to be atleast two more weeks. Why set a date for delivery when you dont even have it. So after the salesman argues with me, he then tells me the bed is not late by three weeks. Go figure.

At this point the wife tells me to cancel the order, so I proceed, and now "ED" tells me After I paid "CASH", It will take (NOW GET THIS) atleast 7-10 more business days for eveyone to sign off on the order, and then some, to get my money back in "CHECK" form. I cant just go there and pick up my cash why, thats how I paid "CASH" upfront, thats what I want back "CASH" not a check. (What if the average joe didnt have a checking account?)And they had no explaination. Taft said thats how its done. Thanks for nothing. So After all is said and done, I guess its OK to sell something you dont have and or cant get?

Isn't that called "BAIT AND SWITCH"?

Sam
albany, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2007 01:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Taft-Furniture/Albany-New-York-12205/Taft-Furniture-Bait-and-switch-selling-furniture-they-dont-have-ripoff-Albany-New-York-242331. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Taft Furniture

Taft Furniture

AUTHOR: Atlanta - (U.S.A.)

I lived in the Albany area for several years. Every experience I or my family had with Taft proved that they were liars and scumbags. If you ever get your money back be thankful !