Complaint Review: Tagg Pettracker.com

• Submitted: Thu, February 02, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, February 02, 2012

• Reported By: Arthur — United States of America
Tagg Pettracker.com

Tagg Pettracker.com tagg pet tracker review Dog GPS - Tagg pet tracker review Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: TAGG Works

*Consumer Comment: Product works for me

This dog gps tracker is a huge scam and waste of money.

1) The tagg just does not work as advertised. It sure looks cool in the commercial, but if your pet roams out of the local coverage zone then your are not going to find them. Consider yourself an taken if you paid $200+ for this "idea", however its ahead of its time

2) The collar is way too big, my dog is medium sized Dalmation and he does not like to wear it. Its too big and bothers him, he constantly scratches at it.  (maybe its because of the emf signals) not sure but i hope he does not get cancer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2012 12:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tagg-Pettrackercom/internet/Tagg-Pettrackercom-tagg-pet-tracker-review-Dog-GPS-Tagg-pet-tracker-review-Internet-In-832874. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tagg Pettracker.com

TAGG Works

AUTHOR: Rick - ()

The Original Poster stated that the collar is too big. TAGG is not a collar, it attaches to the collar. The OP should check the coverage map, ensure the unit is fully charged and turned on, contact support so they can test the unit. You cannot open box, snap on dog and go! The unit needs to be set up. My dog has run off twice while hiking. TAGG led me right to her each time, however, you MUST be withing TAGG"s range of a cell tower.

Product works for me

AUTHOR: Keith C - ()

It is unfortunate that this person had trouble with his Tagg unit but it works great. I only write this to let people know it is a great tool to put on their dog.  The only possible reason I can think of that the tracker did not work is that he was not within a coverage area. Tagg has a map on their web site that gives the coverage areas.  I bought a unit for one of my dogs that I needed to keep track of.  It worked so well I bought another one for another of my dogs.  It lets me know when my dog has left the area I have defined on the interactive map.  When traveling I can track him within a few feet any where he is.  It snaps on the collar and my dogs do not even know it is attached.  The only negative is the battery charge does not last as long as they say.