• Report: #919745

• Updated: Fri, May 09, 2014

• Reported By: Donn — Stafford Virginia United States of America
Tahoe Power
8685 Sahara Ave Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Tahoe Power Tahoe Industries Two Guys in a Tahoe Truck Hanging out at HVAC supply store wanting to unload equipment. Las Vegas, Nevada

*Consumer Comment: TAHOE POWER TRUCK LOADS

*Consumer Suggestion: Parts for all Chinese made Power Equipment

*UPDATE Employee: Considering Tahoe Equipment? You gotta see THIS!

*UPDATE Employee: Final Update - 5 months later

*Consumer Comment: Who to trust

*UPDATE Employee: 10 days passed. no customer response via email or phone

*UPDATE Employee: Verifying Your Authenticity

My husband fell for this scam of unloading equipment off the Tahoe Truck.  Two guys in a Tahoe Company logo truck told him that they had to unload their equipment.  They told him that their boss told them that they had this equipment on the floor and they had to get rid of it.  My husband paid $6000 for this red Tahoe equipment.  well now you can imagine what I said when he got home!  My first question was why didn't you call me and I could verify it on the internet?? Well he never calls me when he falls for a scam.  So we have filled a fraud claim against this purchase with our bank.  I have found so many similar situations online.  This equipment looks very cheap and not worth what he paid and I am furious about this.

I am also contacting the Better Business Bureau for this company's lame tactics.  I don't know how these individuals sleep at night.  Please if anyone runs into these people; don't fall for this company's lines....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2012 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tahoe-Power/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89117/Tahoe-Power-Tahoe-Industries-Two-Guys-in-a-Tahoe-Truck-Hanging-out-at-HVAC-supply-store-wa-919745. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tahoe Power

TAHOE POWER TRUCK LOADS

AUTHOR: JUST A HOMEOWNER WITH EQUIP BACKGROUND - ()

Hey folks, I am just a consumer but have a 30yr background in all kinds of heavy equipment.

Here are my personal thoughts on this Tahoe truck load of new equipment deal. In my case I too had a random guy approach. The equipment was new, very obviuosly. He told about the wty, and the Honda motors etc. He also started at $6900.00. I made no commitment but we exchanged numbers. Later in the day he called back and asked if I was in. Im no fool, I know these deals are every where. But I checked all the serial numbers and they check out fine. All the generators work along with everything else. I paid $4000.00 for an 8000 watt gas gen. a 7000 watt diesel a pressure washer and a contractor wheelbarrow compressor. So I ask, whats the problem here? If you know what you are looking at, do your due diligence and haggle its not a bad deal. I think allot of folks make the full price purchase and research later, only to feel burned. Thats not Tahoes issue. They are supposed to make money. If its not stolen whats all the uproar about? Right not a thing. I will put these gens up against any Northern Tool, Cabellas etc. They are what they all are. Honda motors coupled with jap or Chineese power heeads. I like mine, I will sell one to a friend and we are all happy. Heck, just the honda motors are worth the $4000. So there it is. Thank you for listening and I hope everyone haggles with these guys and gets a decent deal. Remember they aint Honda power heads just the motors. But they do work well.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Parts for all Chinese made Power Equipment

AUTHOR: Universal Parts DIrect - ()

I have had various customers of Tahoe Power contact me in regards to parts for their equipment that has needed parts. I have a full stock of parts in my warehouse for all chinese manufactered equipment. Visit my website at universal-parts-direct.com or call me at 877-330-1696. Thank you and I hope to help with any parts you need.

Considering Tahoe Equipment? You gotta see THIS!

AUTHOR: Tahoe Admin - ()

See attached for a freshly minted affidavit (3/17/13) containing a full confession from Mr. Gregory Allen Burch, employee of Ronald Ashley Burton, principal of Pacific Equipment Sales, Inc of 18 New Circle Rd, Travelers Rest, SC.

Tahoe now has enough leads and evidence to pursue this case of defammatory libel down every avenue possible.  Mr. Burton, it appears as though you ended your business career and all hopes of accumulating personal assets the day you ordered these libelous, defammatory postings on Ripoff Report and the other 6 or so websites you used to dump your trashy, disgusting lies about Tahoe.  The day of reckoning is at hand.  You can run but you can't hide.

The amount of damage you did to innocent lives is enormous, and now
YOU will pay.  All your current and past employees involved in this conspiracy to defame Tahoe will also be held totally accountable.  Fear of loss of job for their participation is no excuse.  Nobody gets a free ride, but their cooperation will mitigate the severity of justice our attorneys seek against them.

But when they come for YOU, don't be like your idle, Scarface, and try to shoot your way out of it.  It never works! And don't forget to thank Uncle Bobby for forcing these issues into court where they belonged from day 1.   I guess I owe him a "Thank You" letter at some point for forcing us to take you DOWN.

Final Update - 5 months later

AUTHOR: Tahoe Customer Svc - (United States of America)

As we suspected, the person filing this fictitious report could not come up with the goods... if the "wife and husband" had a bill of sale or proof of purchase (canceled check, credit card receipt, etc), they could have posted it here or linked to a site where the image could be seen.  After all, they seemed to care so very much to warn the world about the "scam" described in their post.   They failed to respond to the email address posted here, nor did they call.  No Better Business Bureau was ever contacted.

Now perpetrator, get ready to hear footsteps at your door... our attorneys will shortly confirm that you are who we've known you to be all along... someone who can't compete fairly based on the merits of your offering, and the quality of your service.  We'll beat you in court, just like we've beaten you on the battlefield of the marketplace.  The only consolation for you is the end of your struggle is near.

And no Rip-off-Report management, we're absolutely not interested in paying you $10,000 per month to change the wording in the title of these fictitious reports to something less damaging to our online representation.  We'll get justice the good old fashioned way... our attorneys will get that $10,000 per month.  Google will remove this false, libelous & defamatory garbage from Tahoe search results well before you're in pursuit of your next career.

Who to trust

AUTHOR: jbsac - (United States of America)

How can you tell if the sales person is from Tahoe Power? I was approached today with 2 generators, a trash pump, compressor and pressure washer for sale at $6950, the drive had me call a lady named Brenda to make an offer, she accepted $4500 for all of it. Is this equipment cheap or breaks down with little use?

10 days passed. no customer response via email or phone

AUTHOR: Tahoe Admin - (United States of America)

Let it be known that more than 10 days have now passed, and the anonymous individual filing this defamatory report against our firm did not respond in ANY WAY to our request to simply provide any evidence at all that would verify the legitimacy of their report.  In fact, no one at our firm has ever heard from anyone fitting this description.  If your husband truly bought our products, you had the Distributor's phone number, Tahoe's number, our email and fax numbers. why no communication at all if you're so dead set on magnanimously warning everyone not to purchase Tahoe Products?  Could it be because you are a fake and a fraud?  An imposter doing whatever a competitor with no moral fiber or backbone would do to slow down a firm that has beaten you soundly in every aspect of this business?  The clock is ticking, if you fail to respond within 80 days. and if it can be found out who you are, rest assured we will, and we WILL have our day in court.

Verifying Your Authenticity

AUTHOR: Tahoe Admin - (United States of America)

Dear Donn of Stafford VA,

I am writing to you from the Investigations Department of Tahoe Customer Service.  We are verifying all claims such as you have made on this website, as our firm has been defamed by competitors posing as purchasers of our products in order to damage our reputation.

They libel us on this site primarily to prevent their sales contractors and distributors from defecting to a relationship with our company, and secondarily to prevent customers from buying our products that they would like to sell to some day.

If you and your husband are indeed an authentic purchaser of Tahoe products, please email this company address for complaints:

info@tahoepower.net

alternatively, you may call our office at 702-724-9200 and select option 1.

Please be prepared to email or fax us your Bill of Sale and proof of payment, and please specify the name of the Distributor or Dealer you purchased from.

Please refer to case number 71707302012.  If it is found you and your husband are authentic purchasers of Tahoe Products and have a legitimate complaint, we intend to assist you in addressing your concerns with what power we have to do so.

We will update our response to your report in 10, 30 and 90 days to notify all users of this site as to the legitimacy of your report and our actions regarding your case.  If you fail to respond to this investigation,  your report will be considered fraudulent, and we will take appropriate legal action to ascertain your identity and seek relief as provided by law.