Complaint Review: Tail O' The Pup

• Submitted: Thu, December 18, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, December 18, 2003

• Reported By:Niskayuna New York
Tail O' The Pup
Rt. 86 Lake Placid, New York U.S.A.

Tail O' The Pup food terrible and overpriced Lake Placid New York

After viewing a PBS show on Adirondack eateries, my family and I decided to take a scenic drive and have lunch at Tail. The TV segment was sooo inviting and our mouths were watering all the way up there.

When we arrived, it was pretty much as I expected: a road side eatery. The five of us ordered and it took about 20 minutes by the clock to receive our food (there were hardly any customers in the place at that time). We were very surprised at the small portions for what they charged, especially since the quality left a lot to be desired. Since we ate in the "tent" we were unaware of the lack of cleanliness, although I noticed that the building was old and dark.

Previous reports do not surprise me. If I had read them before, I would have NEVER eaten there and I certainly will never go there again. Where were the health inspectors? I was raised in the restaurant business and if conditions were as described and patrons were getting food poisoning, the place should have been cited, fined, license revoked or something! The fact that this eatery is allowed to remain open smells of something more than just rotten food!

Charlie
Schenectady, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2003 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tail-O-The-Pup/Lake-Placid-New-York/Tail-O-The-Pup-food-terrible-and-overpriced-Lake-Placid-New-York-75248. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tail O' The Pup