- Report: #58091
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Taj Garden Retreat, Coonoor, India
Taj Garden Retreat, Coonoor, IndiaChurch Road, Upper Coonoor, Coonoor, TamilNadu INDIA 643101 Coonoor, Other India
Taj Garden Retreat, Coonoor, India Extremely Poor Service the business that doesnt give a dam Coonoor, Tamil Nadu
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I noticed an advertisement in Taj Web site and booked for a 2 night/3 days (16/05/2003 to 18/05/2003) Holiday Package in Superior Room through TRN-Bangalore and Mr.Arjun Pandalai (Marketing Department of Taj Hotels, Bangalore).I was offered 10% discount on tariff by Arjun. I called up TRN on 05-May-2003 and confirmed the booking.
I stayed at Taj Coonoor between 16/05/2003 to 18/05/2003 and the service was extremely poor and was not up to the standards of Taj. In the end, I felt like I stayed in a cheap lodge.
Following are the instances of poor service:
1) I reached Coonoor around 2:00PM. I was told that my reservation for Superior room with Lawn was released since I had not paid any advance!. No one (Taj Coonoor/TRN-BLR/Arjun) asked for the advance neither at the time of booking nor at the time of confirmation. Later, I was offered a standard room. I was promised Superior room for next day but was not provided. You clearly communicate the guests the need for an advance and don't do whatever you like.
2) The room provided (Room #42) was in the corner of the hotel without proper ventilation. Keeping window open leads to lack of privacy as all windows opens to a passage/pathway. Windows does not even have stoppers and thin curtains. When we tried to switch on fan, it was found out that fan is fitted with cheap regulator due to which fan makes as much sound as a kitchen mixie when switched on.When complained I was provided with an alternate tower fan. This room definitely does not look like a Taj hotel room!
3) When we tried to take bath, only luke warm water was coming out of Hot water taps. When asked, we were told that in the afternoon, water temperature will be reduced. I was offered a bucket of hot water (As they do in small time lodges, but this is supposed to be a Taj!) which I refused to accept. Finally, after waiting for half an hour, hot water was provided in taps.
4) The floor carpets were torn and many toiletries normally supplied were missing. None of the toiletries were replenished during our 3 days stay. Cheap shampoo was provided (2 Clinic Plus Rs.1/sachets again as in small lodge). There was no foot mat in Bathroom.
5) Welcome drink which is part of package was not provided until complaint about room was made.
6) An appointment for my wife was given at 9:00 AM on 16/05/03 for free facial treatment which is part of package.But, we were asked to wait until 10:45 AM for the same, due to which my plan to checkout about an hour early failed.Excuse given was that some other guest without appointment barged into the parlor. So why give appointment when it can't be efficiently managed?
7) Souvenir of Nilgiris products which is part of the package as advertised in Web was not provided.
8) Taj Coonoor staff denied that they have any knowledge about the 10% discount offered and asked me to call up Arjun. When I mentioned that it is a communication gap between Taj staff, they agreed to get in touch with Arjun themselves and later the discount was provided.
I have given the above feedback in the formal feedback form at the time of Checking out as well as in the Taj Website.
I had to compromise on several issues and all my holiday with my family was spoiled in spite of shelling out approx 7K. Expect food and ambience there is no value for money. No other guests should undergo what my family went through during the last week end.
From last one week, Taj people are promising that they are going to come and meet me personally but till date no one has turned up. Taj is trying to cover-up the issue with just an apology.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2003 02:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Taj-Garden-Retreat-Coonoor-India/Coonoor-Other-643101/Taj-Garden-Retreat-Coonoor-India-Extremely-Poor-Service-the-business-that-doesnt-give-a-58091. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.