Complaint Review: Take Care Health

• Reported By: Kasey — Wisconsin
Take Care Health
16812 Collection Center Drive Chicago, Illinois USA

Take Care Health Incompetent, lying billing department Chicago Illinois

I have used take care health systems many times, and over the past year their billing department has become so unorganized and incompetent.  They have billed me a copay numerous times for the same date of service.  When you try to get them to send you a receipt, they send back a receipt that makes no sense and doesn't even match with the copay that was paid.

I recently received a bill for a date of service a YEAR ago, so they tried to bill me for the whole charge, since they were late in submitting it. I called them and they have people that have english as their second language, therefore trying to get my point across was challenging. Once she figured out that they billed my current insurance for a date of service a year ago, instead of billing the insurance I had last year.

So, she said they would review and get back to me.  No one got back to me and they just sent the bill again.  So, I called again and now this woman first said that they didn't have my old insurance on file, but then she said, yes, we do have it on file, but they submitted it and received a denial because the insurance didn't have a contract with Take Care Health.  I told her that I would have received an EOB for that indicating a denial, but she said no we didn't even bother submitting it because they didn't have a contract.  I told her that I will be calling the old insurance to verify that, and she said well, I could take your payment over the phone.  I said, no, I will call the old insurance to verify that what your saying is true.  Which of course it was not.

The old insurance never received a claim from them,and if they did it would have been processed as an out of network provider.  So, we did a 3 way call with take care health and the insurance told her to resubmit.  My insurance company said of course it will be denied because it is over 12 months old.  And the insurance company said this is the second complaint she has handled today for this same issue with Take Care Health.  They are telling customers that they are submitting claims and getting denials, when in fact they are not submitting claims.

The convenience of going to the Take Care Clinic is why I have used them, but this aggravation with the billing department is not worth it, and they can't be trusted.  I will never use them again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2013 02:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Take-Care-Health/Chicago-Illinois/Take-Care-Health-Incompetent-lying-billing-department-Chicago-Illinois-1061078. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Take Care Health